Hacking Can't Update Cheat dB with AKAIO

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
AIO's WiFi cheat update doesn't always work. I've never been able to get it to work either.

It's no big deal, just go to cheats.gbatemp.net, grab the latest version, and place it in the "__aio/cheats" folder (replacing the file that's already there).

-Bri

o RedSheLL x

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Bri said:
AIO's WiFi cheat update doesn't always work. I've never been able to get it to work either.

It's no big deal, just go to cheats.gbatemp.net, grab the latest version, and place it in the "__aio/cheats" folder (replacing the file that's already there).

-Bri
O, okay, and btw, I knew how to update the cheats, it's just that, I try to use my flashcart as MUCH as possible without plugging it into a computer.
AND I GOT A NEW SIG!
biggrin.gif

Chri5

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its like a 50/50 thing goin on for most of us, it either works or it doesnt work like what the people above me said

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Might be a problem with the server/network that the server is on. Many people are having trouble downloading and connecting to GBAtemp using the Nintendo DS. I have been looking into it.

Smiths

AKAIO Person of Interest TAGS ARE THE BEST
Developer
Trophies
Website
www.gamergeddon.com
XP
Country
United States
Narin - no insane biggy. Like I said in another thread the only thing that gets me worked up is the people who say "usrcheatup works though!" or "mario kart DS works!" and blame my programming on this feature as the problem.

Failing to realize MArio Kart connects to Nintendo's servers, and usrcheatup goes to googlepages... both of which have far better load balancing and bandwidth than a single, static, GBATemp site.

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
I've had 100% success(so far) with the AIO download cheat database....

I have a Nintendo WIFI modded with Buffalo drivers... When I set it up(what a effing hassle that was), as soon as DSO got a connection I stopped messing w/it...No WEP key enterered. I dunno if that's the issue, but the only wifi apps that work(and matter to me) are DSO, Bungaloo, AIO cheat update, DS2Win, and official RoMs...

blah, blah, blah....blah.

phenixz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi,
I may have found a feature/bug and the reason why it doesn't works with some people.
If you disable SSID broadcast of your network, it still works with games (tried starforce megaman 2) but the update plugins doesn't seems to find the network any more.
For those who have problems, try to re enable SSID broadcast.
(I've only one router so I can try to see if it's tied to my router or the plugins).
Hope this help.

ozzymud

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
broadcast is on in mine (WRT54GS w/Tomato v1.21)

so far:
savelist.bin - works
what's new - works
cheats - fail after receiving a small amount of data

usrcheat.dat = Downloading 5Kb/1005Kb ---> Error downloading file
cheat.xml = Downloading file B to cancel ---> Downloader Error, Error downloading file

tried with and without what's new enabled
tried 2nd time when offered

will try usrcheatup
Edit: usrcheatup is at 99% downloading and holding, dunno if normal while unpacking, author says takes 6 minutes on RPG
waited the 6, powered off, tried 2 more times, both stuck at 99% download

Edit2: dumbass self... i was using .9, downloaded 1.5 and it worked for usrcheat.dat

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
phenixz said:
Hi,
I may have found a feature/bug and the reason why it doesn't works with some people.
If you disable SSID broadcast of your network, it still works with games (tried starforce megaman 2) but the update plugins doesn't seems to find the network any more.
For those who have problems, try to re enable SSID broadcast.
(I've only one router so I can try to see if it's tied to my router or the plugins).
Hope this help.

that is because homebrew requires ssid and retail games do not.

-another world

Smiths

AKAIO Person of Interest TAGS ARE THE BEST
Developer
Trophies
Website
www.gamergeddon.com
XP
Country
United States
ozzymud said:
will try usrcheatup
Edit: usrcheatup is at 99% downloading and holding, dunno if normal while unpacking, author says takes 6 minutes on RPG
waited the 6, powered off, tried 2 more times, both stuck at 99% download

Edit2: dumbass self... i was using .9, downloaded 1.5 and it worked for usrcheat.dat

Edit3: usrcheatup downloads from google's servers, using a separate gzip file the author mirrors himself. Comparisons to usrcheatup's performance result in insane rage from me. Next, please tell me Mario Kart DS works just fine with wifi on your DS.

ozzymud

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Smiths said:
Edit3: usrcheatup downloads from google's servers, using a separate gzip file the author mirrors himself. Comparisons to usrcheatup's performance result in insane rage from me. Next, please tell me Mario Kart DS works just fine with wifi on your DS.

heh.. kinda glad i didnt see edit0, 1 or 2... edit3...
tongue.gif
thought for a sec you chewed me out royally then thought about it 3 times.
i REALLY wasnt trying to bash AKAIO, i love it...
frown.gif
just adding my own results in response to the SSID thing.

but...

v1.5 Changelog:
-cht_file: 0(usrcheat.dat) - 1(user.EvoCheats.dat) - 2(EDGEcheats.dat) - 3(ezarcode.dat) - 4(cheat.db) - 5(Cheat.xml) - 6(CHEAT(J).DAT) - 7(CHEAT(UE).DAT) - 8(CHEAT.DAT)
-gbatemp : can be set to 1 (download from gbatemp) or 0 (download from my web page); only for usrcheat.dat

if it matters, i had:
cht_file = 0;
gbatemp = 1;

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZokeA2lKB6o