Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Acekard' started by o RedSheLL x, Sep 12, 2008.
AKAIO always tells me I can't update the dB? Please tell me why!
Go to Msd:/__aio/cheats/
Replace the usrcheat.dat with a new one.
AIO's WiFi cheat update doesn't always work. I've never been able to get it to work either.
It's no big deal, just go to cheats.gbatemp.net, grab the latest version, and place it in the "__aio/cheats" folder (replacing the file that's already there).
O, okay, and btw, I knew how to update the cheats, it's just that, I try to use my flashcart as MUCH as possible without plugging it into a computer.
AND I GOT A NEW SIG!
yeah... wifi unfortunately seems it will always be dependent on the output and constant stream from GBATemp's server... so it'll work for some and fail for others.
Works perfect for me, 95% of the time.
its like a 50/50 thing goin on for most of us, it either works or it doesnt work like what the people above me said
Might be a problem with the server/network that the server is on. Many people are having trouble downloading and connecting to GBAtemp using the Nintendo DS. I have been looking into it.
Narin - no insane biggy. Like I said in another thread the only thing that gets me worked up is the people who say "usrcheatup works though!" or "mario kart DS works!" and blame my programming on this feature as the problem.
Failing to realize MArio Kart connects to Nintendo's servers, and usrcheatup goes to googlepages... both of which have far better load balancing and bandwidth than a single, static, GBATemp site.
I've had 100% success(so far) with the AIO download cheat database....
I have a Nintendo WIFI modded with Buffalo drivers... When I set it up(what a effing hassle that was), as soon as DSO got a connection I stopped messing w/it...No WEP key enterered. I dunno if that's the issue, but the only wifi apps that work(and matter to me) are DSO, Bungaloo, AIO cheat update, DS2Win, and official RoMs...
blah, blah, blah....blah.
WiFi update works fine for me. I don't know why so many others are complaining that it doesn't work for them.
Works 100% of the time for me also, even when i'm making heavy use of my internet.
it might be case sensitive filename, it is like that on the iTouch.
I may have found a feature/bug and the reason why it doesn't works with some people.
If you disable SSID broadcast of your network, it still works with games (tried starforce megaman 2) but the update plugins doesn't seems to find the network any more.
For those who have problems, try to re enable SSID broadcast.
(I've only one router so I can try to see if it's tied to my router or the plugins).
Hope this help.
broadcast is on in mine (WRT54GS w/Tomato v1.21)
savelist.bin - works
what's new - works
cheats - fail after receiving a small amount of data
usrcheat.dat = Downloading 5Kb/1005Kb ---> Error downloading file
cheat.xml = Downloading file B to cancel ---> Downloader Error, Error downloading file
tried with and without what's new enabled
tried 2nd time when offered
will try usrcheatup
Edit: usrcheatup is at 99% downloading and holding, dunno if normal while unpacking, author says takes 6 minutes on RPG
waited the 6, powered off, tried 2 more times, both stuck at 99% download
Edit2: dumbass self... i was using .9, downloaded 1.5 and it worked for usrcheat.dat
that is because homebrew requires ssid and retail games do not.
Edit3: usrcheatup downloads from google's servers, using a separate gzip file the author mirrors himself. Comparisons to usrcheatup's performance result in insane rage from me. Next, please tell me Mario Kart DS works just fine with wifi on your DS.
UsrCheatUp download from gbatemp the zip archives.
heh.. kinda glad i didnt see edit0, 1 or 2... edit3... thought for a sec you chewed me out royally then thought about it 3 times.
i REALLY wasnt trying to bash AKAIO, i love it... just adding my own results in response to the SSID thing.
-cht_file: 0(usrcheat.dat) - 1(user.EvoCheats.dat) - 2(EDGEcheats.dat) - 3(ezarcode.dat) - 4(cheat.db) - 5(Cheat.xml) - 6(CHEAT(J).DAT) - 7(CHEAT(UE).DAT) - 8(CHEAT.DAT)
-gbatemp : can be set to 1 (download from gbatemp) or 0 (download from my web page); only for usrcheat.dat
if it matters, i had:
cht_file = 0;
gbatemp = 1;
I guess it DOES from ur website.
EDIT: YAY! Finally a GBATemp Regular!