Hacking CAN'T RUN GODMODE (want to delete emunand)

silvershian

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So... Probably I have some old Emunand residue issues messing with me, I'll try from the start
All i wanted to do was updating my o3ds to 11.9 so I could play pokemon with my friends, so I updated luma and then the 3ds, but for some reason I just couldnt free more space in my sd card (8gb) so I bought a 16gb one and cloned the old sd image to it, but all I got was a strange error that I couldn't get to boot my 3ds with the new card, the blue led just flashed for a moment and then it turned off, it started normally with the old card, if I try to turn it on without sd card there's this error: FAILED TO APPLY 1 FIRM PATCH
after a million attempts I just formated the 3ds, but was getting the failed to apply 1 firm patch error with the new sd card, so I placed the last Luma's boot.firm in the root of the sd and it just worked all fine

so i tried to do the frogminer unlock and at some point I had an error, then tried again with Fredminer and got stuck at some point too (couldn't install any of the .cia files)
and after several hours trying to solve this I was just so devastated that I just decided to remove emunand and start everything from 0, but it comes that I just can't get rid of emunand without godmode9, and I CAN'T boot it, and I just found that everytime I place the gm9 folder in the sd and the godmode9.firm at Luma's payloads folder, when I put the sd back to 3ds and try to boot it, after I put it back on pc the files inside payloads and gm9 are GONE... because of the fredminer files I can load Rosalima, Homebrew, FBI and one set clock to 0 thing... I can't get use for it because as I said I cant install .cia guys please send help

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I placed the last Luma's boot.firm in the root of the sd and it just worked all fine

so i tried to do the frogminer unlock and at some point I had an error, then tried again with Fredminer
You already have CFW, do not try to install it again (especially by trying to run homebrew in a way incompatible with modern Luma)

Since you said your console boots boot.firm, nothing prevents you from renaming godmode9.firm as boot.firm and putting it in the root of the SD; but what you're (confusingly) saying afterwards sounds like you removed B9S, if anything

Reactions: Quantumcat

silvershian

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You already have CFW, do not try to install it again (especially by trying to run homebrew in a way incompatible with modern Luma)

Since you said your console boots boot.firm, nothing prevents you from renaming godmode9.firm as boot.firm and putting it in the root of the SD; but what you're (confusingly) saying afterwards sounds like you removed B9S, if anything

i already tried this lol, the console doesn't turn on without luma boot.firm

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I CAN'T boot it, and I just found that everytime I place the gm9 folder in the sd and the godmode9.firm at Luma's payloads folder, when I put the sd back to 3ds and try to boot it, after I put it back on pc the files inside payloads and gm9 are GONE... because of the fredminer files I can load Rosalima, Homebrew, FBI and one set clock to 0 thing... I can't get use for it because as I said I cant install .cia guys please send help
Disappearing files… this is no good.
  • Backup your data - if possible.
  • Format that 16GB SD with the official tool and run a full test with h2testw.
    • If you get any errors replace the SD.
  • Moving EmuNAND from a defective/fake SD to SysNAND is - to put it mildly - a little risky.
i already tried this lol, the console doesn't turn on without luma boot.firm
It should turn on with any valid firm file named boot.firm - not only Luma. This likely means the file (GodMode9 as boot.firm) is not found/can't be read or is corrupted.

In any case: Please test the SD before you try anything else.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgCjp3-rF_Y