Hacking Can't restore nand.bin backup from Bootmii

Lord09

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all,

A friend of mine softmodded my WII ages ago, but I want to give it to a friend who can't be bothered with constantly updating the WII, etc. I wanted to restore it "factory" settings and have a nand.bin backup in the root directory of my SD card.

We started the WII, went through the restore process but during the recovery process it hung or had some kind of error. After about an hour or so of hoping that it would complete or somehow fix itself, I had to do a hard reboot.

The WII will still bootup to the BootMII screen, but obviously it won't load anything else.

I can still start the recovery process, it checks the nand.bin does the simulation, but when it gets to the part where it says simluation done, press start/reset to really start, when I do, it just goes back to the Bootmii initial screen.

If anyone has any ideas I'd love to hear them. Thanks.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
try turning on the wii without the sd card in it, does it blackscreen or start to the system menu

if restoring your nand doesn't work, comex's nand formatter is a good idea

it sounds like u have bootmii at boot2, so u should always be able to return to bootmii (unless u get a ninty boot2 update)

D3M0N23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
you have boot2
if all else fails Comex nand formatter
get the wads for the sys menu you want + requiring ios as wad, place on the sd run comex nand formatter
nand will be cleared, wads installed, wii will start-up, pop in wii sports update, pop in another game (i did mkw) or use the official 4.2 update
tadaa working wii again, had the same problem
wink.gif

gl and don't get to nervous using comex, i know i was like hell the first time lol

*edit* i overlooked bumpmans post
my bad, but will work tho

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Hawaii played it smart and said we're too hot for this land