Homebrew Can't play WADs on my SD Card

  • Thread starter Thread starter Flashed
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 4,977
  • Replies Replies 20

Flashed

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2016
Messages
331
Reaction score
118
Trophies
1
Age
27
Location
Madrid
XP
460
Country
Spain
Well... during my project of restoring the Wii I have tried installing some VC/WiiWare Wads on my console. First I installed some like Tetris Party, Arkanoid, 101in1 and some other VC games and they worked all OK.
But today I have tried to install about 10-15 other WADs, all correspond with my region (at least I think...). So always the thing to do is Install the WAD with Wii Mod Lite and the transfer to SD. So, after installing all WADs, Surpsrise! All games I had on my SD stopped working with the message 'This channel cannot be launched on this Wii console'.

My Wii is on 4.3E and IOS80 is patched

Thanks for your help
 
Running games copied to SD requires they either have a valid ticket or the system IOS be patched to restore the signing bug.
 
There's no reason to patch IOS80 with regard to installed WAD titles.

Edit: To be clear, IOS80 should be patched, but not for this reason.
 
That's not what I said. I don't know why your WAD installations aren't working. Did you try downloading them from another source?

Yes, but the thing is that I install about 5-6 WADs and they all work OK, the problem is installing the rest. All of them stops working with that error message
 
There's no reason to patch IOS80 with regard to installed WAD titles.

Edit: To be clear, IOS80 should be patched, but not for this reason.

I'm pretty sure the Trucha bug is required for the SM to copy them from the SD content.bin and run them. Just installing them to NAND works without the signing bug.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Lacius
Ah right sorry, here it's:
sysCheck v2.1.0b19 por Double_A y R2-D2199, Nano
...corre en IOS58 (rev 6176).

Region: PAL
Menu de Sistema 4.3E (v514)
Priiloader instalado
Unidad de la fecha: 13.02.2007

HomebrewFilter ist nicht installiert
Hollywood v0x11
ID de consola: 115922978
Boot2 v4
Encontrados 101 titulos.
Se encontraron 52 IOS en esta consola. 12 de ellos son stubs.

IOS4 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS9 (rev 1034): Sin Parches
IOS10 (rev 768): Stub
IOS11 (rev 256): Stub
IOS12 (rev 526): Sin Parches
IOS13 (rev 1032): Sin Parches
IOS14 (rev 1032): Sin Parches
IOS15 (rev 1032): Sin Parches
IOS16 (rev 512): Stub
IOS17 (rev 1032): Sin Parches
IOS20 (rev 256): Stub
IOS21 (rev 1039): Sin Parches
IOS22 (rev 1294): Sin Parches
IOS28 (rev 1807): Sin Parches
IOS30 (rev 2816): Stub
IOS31 (rev 3608): Sin Parches
IOS33 (rev 3608): Sin Parches
IOS34 (rev 3608): Sin Parches
IOS35 (rev 3608): Sin Parches
IOS36 (rev 3608): Sin Parches
IOS37 (rev 5663): Sin Parches
IOS38 (rev 4124): Sin Parches
IOS40 (rev 3072): Stub
IOS41 (rev 3607): Sin Parches
IOS43 (rev 3607): Sin Parches
IOS45 (rev 3607): Sin Parches
IOS46 (rev 3607): Sin Parches
IOS48 (rev 4124): Sin Parches
IOS50 (rev 5120): Stub
IOS51 (rev 4864): Stub
IOS52 (rev 5888): Stub
IOS53 (rev 5663): Sin Parches
IOS55 (rev 5663): Sin Parches
IOS56 (rev 5662): Sin Parches
IOS57 (rev 5919): Sin Parches
IOS58 (rev 6176): USB 2.0
IOS60 (rev 6400): Stub
IOS61 (rev 5662): Sin Parches
IOS62 (rev 6430): Sin Parches
IOS70 (rev 6912): Stub
IOS80 (rev 6944): Trucha Bug, Acceso NAND
IOS202[60] (rev 65535, Info: hermes-v5.1): Trucha Bug, Acceso NAND, USB 2.0
IOS222[38] (rev 65535, Info: hermes-v5.1): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, Acceso NAND, USB 2.0
IOS223[37] (rev 65535, Info: hermes-v5.1): Trucha Bug, Acceso NAND, USB 2.0
IOS224[57] (rev 65535, Info: hermes-v5.1): Trucha Bug, Acceso NAND, USB 2.0
IOS245[56] (rev 65535, Info: d2x-v8final): Trucha Bug, Acceso NAND, USB 2.0
IOS246[37] (rev 65535, Info: d2x-v8final): Trucha Bug, Acceso NAND, USB 2.0
IOS247[57] (rev 65535, Info: d2x-v8final): Trucha Bug, Acceso NAND, USB 2.0
IOS248[58] (rev 65535, Info: d2x-v8final): Trucha Bug, Acceso NAND, USB 2.0
IOS249[38] (rev 65535, Info: d2x-v8final): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, Acceso NAND
IOS250[37] (rev 65535, Info: d2x-v8final): Trucha Bug, Acceso NAND, USB 2.0
IOS254 (rev 65281): BootMii
BC v6
MIOS v10

Reporte generado el 22/01/2017.
 
I'm thinking maybe the IOS the game is running under has to be patched, too. It's been a long time since I ran anything from the SD menu and I've replaced all my patched system IOSes with stock ones since emunand/neek became a viable alternative.

If I remember correctly I used WiiPower's Trucha Bug Restorer homebrew app.
 
Ah right sorry, here it's:
sysCheck v2.1.0b19 por Double_A y R2-D2199, Nano
...corre en IOS58 (rev 6176).

Region: PAL
Menu de Sistema 4.3E (v514)
Priiloader instalado
Unidad de la fecha: 13.02.2007

HomebrewFilter ist nicht installiert
Hollywood v0x11
ID de consola: 115922978
Boot2 v4
Encontrados 101 titulos.
Se encontraron 52 IOS en esta consola. 12 de ellos son stubs.

IOS4 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS9 (rev 1034): Sin Parches
IOS10 (rev 768): Stub
IOS11 (rev 256): Stub
IOS12 (rev 526): Sin Parches
IOS13 (rev 1032): Sin Parches
IOS14 (rev 1032): Sin Parches
IOS15 (rev 1032): Sin Parches
IOS16 (rev 512): Stub
IOS17 (rev 1032): Sin Parches
IOS20 (rev 256): Stub
IOS21 (rev 1039): Sin Parches
IOS22 (rev 1294): Sin Parches
IOS28 (rev 1807): Sin Parches
IOS30 (rev 2816): Stub
IOS31 (rev 3608): Sin Parches
IOS33 (rev 3608): Sin Parches
IOS34 (rev 3608): Sin Parches
IOS35 (rev 3608): Sin Parches
IOS36 (rev 3608): Sin Parches
IOS37 (rev 5663): Sin Parches
IOS38 (rev 4124): Sin Parches
IOS40 (rev 3072): Stub
IOS41 (rev 3607): Sin Parches
IOS43 (rev 3607): Sin Parches
IOS45 (rev 3607): Sin Parches
IOS46 (rev 3607): Sin Parches
IOS48 (rev 4124): Sin Parches
IOS50 (rev 5120): Stub
IOS51 (rev 4864): Stub
IOS52 (rev 5888): Stub
IOS53 (rev 5663): Sin Parches
IOS55 (rev 5663): Sin Parches
IOS56 (rev 5662): Sin Parches
IOS57 (rev 5919): Sin Parches
IOS58 (rev 6176): USB 2.0
IOS60 (rev 6400): Stub
IOS61 (rev 5662): Sin Parches
IOS62 (rev 6430): Sin Parches
IOS70 (rev 6912): Stub
IOS80 (rev 6944): Trucha Bug, Acceso NAND
IOS202[60] (rev 65535, Info: hermes-v5.1): Trucha Bug, Acceso NAND, USB 2.0
IOS222[38] (rev 65535, Info: hermes-v5.1): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, Acceso NAND, USB 2.0
IOS223[37] (rev 65535, Info: hermes-v5.1): Trucha Bug, Acceso NAND, USB 2.0
IOS224[57] (rev 65535, Info: hermes-v5.1): Trucha Bug, Acceso NAND, USB 2.0
IOS245[56] (rev 65535, Info: d2x-v8final): Trucha Bug, Acceso NAND, USB 2.0
IOS246[37] (rev 65535, Info: d2x-v8final): Trucha Bug, Acceso NAND, USB 2.0
IOS247[57] (rev 65535, Info: d2x-v8final): Trucha Bug, Acceso NAND, USB 2.0
IOS248[58] (rev 65535, Info: d2x-v8final): Trucha Bug, Acceso NAND, USB 2.0
IOS249[38] (rev 65535, Info: d2x-v8final): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, Acceso NAND
IOS250[37] (rev 65535, Info: d2x-v8final): Trucha Bug, Acceso NAND, USB 2.0
IOS254 (rev 65281): BootMii
BC v6
MIOS v10

Reporte generado el 22/01/2017.
you'll need a patched ios 36/37/38 or so, or you can go for ios 236 (non pirate edition)... i'd recommand reinstalling your cioses too since they might not be signed...
 
I'm thinking maybe the IOS the game is running under has to be patched, too. It's been a long time since I ran anything from the SD menu and I've replaced all my patched system IOSes with stock ones since emunand/neek became a viable alternative.

If I remember correctly I used WiiPower's Trucha Bug Restorer homebrew app.
you'll need a patched ios 36/37/38 or so, or you can go for ios 236 (non pirate edition)... i'd recommand reinstalling your cioses too since they might not be signed...

I have patched IOS 36 37 38 and same error
 
what patch did you do, cause i doubt you got the right patches? you'll need to install your wad's with those patched ioses selected... i hoped you'd go for ios236 since that one can't be mistaken, there's only one version for wii... note: do not use a vwii wad file!!!
 
I'm thinking maybe the IOS the game is running under has to be patched, too. It's been a long time since I ran anything from the SD menu and I've replaced all my patched system IOSes with stock ones since emunand/neek became a viable alternative.

If I remember correctly I used WiiPower's Trucha Bug Restorer homebrew app.
No, the IOS the game runs under does not need to be patched. In fact, I would advise against patching unnecessary system IOS files.
 

Site & Scene News