Gaming Cant Play new games

jchiesa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a ModChip WiiKey V2 and my current FW 3.4U. I have been backing up my games using IMGBurn for a year now. Every of my games that I have backed up had worked fine until this week. I tried to back up MySims Racing, Ghostbusters and GPA Tour 2010. My wii has problems reading the disc. If I burn on of my old games they work fine (I burned another image to make sure my software and media were not the issue). My question is: Do I have to update my wii key v2 or do i have to install some other stuff in order to play these games?
wink2.gif
Thanks

cozy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I had the same problem but my modchip is an aregon chip i had to update my wii to 4.0e ghostbusters works now

joinx

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Is it really safe to update firmware when having modchip and usung gecko os to load games?

I'm actually using 3.2u...and i was told not to update firmware....but rite now indiana jones and ghostbuster loads in green screen...

UnFallen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Golfman560 said:
If you have a modchip and haven't softmodded your Wii then you can update like crazy. Theres no possible way for a modchip and a firmware update to brick you Wii (Yet)
Thats not what I heard but I could be wrong...
unsure.gif

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
A modchip in no way interacts with the Wii System Software, it simply interrupts a part of the DVD drive itself forcing the drive to send disk data to the Wii. The Wii Software itself doesn't even know you're playing on a burned disk.

supermodchips

Trophies
XP
Country
UnFallen said:
Golfman560 said:
If you have a modchip and haven't softmodded your Wii then you can update like crazy. Theres no possible way for a modchip and a firmware update to brick you Wii (Yet)
Thats not what I heard but I could be wrong...
unsure.gif
Most people with modchips end up using the hombrew so that is probably why you have heard people advising against updating.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)