Homebrew Can't play MHX anymore after downgrade?

  • Thread starter Thread starter holyluigi
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 1,741
  • Replies Replies 7

holyluigi

Active Member
Newcomer
Joined
Sep 25, 2015
Messages
44
Reaction score
11
Trophies
0
Age
29
XP
125
Country
Gambia, The
Ok I was using a 10.3 n3ds xl and everything worked fine.
Then I downgraded and got emunand working via rx tools and now I can't play MHX anymore.
I tried starting it several times in hbl through menuhax, browserhax or ninjhax but when I want to start it via the region free launcher both screens turn black and nothing happens (even if I let it be 5 minutes)
my copy of rythm heaven works just fine though and launches with the region free app.
Does anybody know what the issue could be?
 
Ok I was using a 10.3 n3ds xl and everything worked fine.
Then I downgraded and got emunand working via rx tools and now I can't play MHX anymore.
I tried starting it several times in hbl through menuhax, browserhax or ninjhax but when I want to start it via the region free launcher both screens turn black and nothing happens (even if I let it be 5 minutes)
my copy of rythm heaven works just fine though and launches with the region free app.
Does anybody know what the issue could be?
I think MHX needs 9.6 or later to be played, and since you're on an n3ds then you won't be able to update your emuNAND to higher firmware than 9.5. You can go to that iso site to find an cryptofixed version of the game to play it on your firmware.
 
ok I'll try that.would the cryptofixed mhx be a .cia that I have to install? I am really new to all this ^^'
And just in case everything doesn't work. Would I be able to Update mhx to v1.1, then update to 10.3 and play it on v1.1 to acess online?
 
ok I'll try that.would the cryptofixed mhx be a .cia that I have to install? I am really new to all this ^^'
And just in case everything doesn't work. Would I be able to Update mhx to v1.1, then update to 10.3 and play it on v1.1 to acess online?

Ya it would be a cryptofixed cia. No you cannot update emunand on a n3ds past 9.5 currently.
 
ok I'll try that.would the cryptofixed mhx be a .cia that I have to install? I am really new to all this ^^'
And just in case everything doesn't work. Would I be able to Update mhx to v1.1, then update to 10.3 and play it on v1.1 to acess online?
It will be in .cia format, yes.
You can't update your CFW to 10.3 if you have a N3ds
 
I meant if I could do it like that:
Go into Sysnand
open hbl and use pastacfw (so I can install unsigned .cia)
then I get into hbl again. start FBI and install the update.
Then delete emunand rx tools and everything (would need to look up though if I need to do it a special way) and then update to 10.3

I have a cartridge, so can I update at all with .cia's?

Do I even need emunand if I would install the mhx cia like that?
 
Last edited by holyluigi,
I meant if I could do it like that:
Go into Sysnand
open hbl and use pastacfw (so I can install unsigned .cia)
then I get into hbl again. start FBI and install the update.
Then delete emunand rx tools and everything (would need to look up though if I need to do it a special way) and then update to 10.3

I have a cartridge, so can I update at all with .cia's?

Do I even need emunand if I would install the mhx cia like that?

That wouldn't work work no, without the system patches of the cfw the cia's will not run.
 
ok good to know.
I guess I will get a bigger microsd then ^^' I am still using the normal 4gb one and I don't think mhx will fit on that since emunand takes away so much space.
 
Last edited by holyluigi,

Site & Scene News