Hacking Can't play GCN backups on NeoGamma R7

PyroJing

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed cMIOS, but it won't load my GCN backups. They still load fine on the WiiGator Gamecube backup loader but won't load on NeoGamma R7. I rather keep all my backups to one channel rather than the channel and HBC dol.

aabbccdd

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I'm not sure Neogamma allows you to play Gamecube backups, only Wii ones. Create your own channel for GBL if you're too lazy to load it through HBC, google for wadder.

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have personally never been able to boot a GC backup in Neogamma...or Softchip. Although so many people claim that they play GC games with these loaders. I have Wiigators cMIOS installed (v5) and currently use his loader...because of course that is the only one that works for me
smile.gif

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Assuming you're using WiiGator's MIOS patch applications, you're supposed to press X on the GCN controller before pressing A to install. Then they'll run in other disc loaders.

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FenrirWolf said:
Assuming you're using WiiGator's MIOS patch applications, you're supposed to press X on the GCN controller before pressing A to install. Then they'll run in other disc loaders.

Aha! I thought that only had something to do with getting GC backups to load via disc channel. Thanks for the tip!

On another note, how does the GC backup loading in NeoGamma compare to Wiigators? Compatibility better, worse, or the same?

PyroJing

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ended up getting it to work by installing waninkoko's. it turned out to be the game I was testing was not working anymore. Didn't know about the press X thing though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Gotta check the wattage really and buy GaN bricks