Hacking Can't play a certain game with EDGE

zworn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The game in question is Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story. I have downloaded the ROM from various sites but no matter what, the game freezes right before the very first battle. It freezes when the battle starts, the star rises from the middle of the screen and stops at Mario's face, while a slightly annoying sound is heard. Is it just the cart?

EDIT: Never mind now, it works after downloading the 1.5 Firmware.

T1nmaN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
zworn said:
The game in question is Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story. I have downloaded the ROM from various sites but no matter what, the game freezes right before the very first battle. It freezes when the battle starts, the star rises from the middle of the screen and stops at Mario's face, while a slightly annoying sound is heard. Is it just the cart?

EDIT: Never mind now, it works after downloading the 1.5 Firmware.

Really!!
I can't get it to work.
Are you sure?

roguetrip

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With 1.5 firmware it gets to the save screen but can't do anything after that, it doesn't looked locked up. This is on a DSL / EDGE / Transcend 4GB Class 6.

I seen something about a code, but does this work or do we need a patch, Thanks!

nIxx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
As already answerd in all the other "Mario & Luigi not working" threads use the cheat code the patch doesn´t work with EDGE/Cyclo (they are basically the same). Anyway the cheat code seems still not complete or so there are still problems.

iamspoo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still get the white screen using the cheat codes on my 1.5 Edge with 2GB in a DSL. I have tried it a few times erasing the old saves. I'll wait for a proper fix, or I may just buy a new card.

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Crap. I have been proven wrong.

For the past few days, I've been telling everyone that it seems to be working for me using ONLY the AR code, and I was indeed too quick to assume.

Just today for the hell of it, I decided to see if I would have any problems after saving, and I sure did. I get those black screens as well after clicking, "Save and Continue". But I have no problem with clicking, "Save and Quit". Although, when I do the quit option, the AR code gets disabled. So you would have to boot to the EDGE's menu and re-enable the cheat.

So for those who have read my posts in the other thread regarding the freezing, I'm sorry. I should of looked into it better. It's not working for me either.

pcaballe7

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
With the AR code in the forums I'm able to save fine. But right after I enter Bowser's stomach, and I go to move to the right screen, the game freezes up on me. Anyone else have this problem?

BoomtownBilly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
are we boned then as edge users?

ive not tried to play the game yet but it seems that way.

*so after playing around with it a bit, seems we can play it with the AR codes it just crashes when you save, BUT it is actually saved anyway.

I can live with that.

t_mafia

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
how can u play the game with the code

i used the cheat code thing on my edge and it frooze up when when i clicked on new game,
i patched the rom using xeno patcher thing it doesn't open (just white screen) and if i don't do anything same thing as the AR code.

i'm using edge ds with 4gb sandisk with firmware v1.5

HELP ME PLEASE!!!

fatherjack

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have it playable on EDGE card.

FW 1.50
clean ROM
used r4cce to apply the AR codes and called it 'Launch Game'
enabled cheats in settings
then click yes to cheat when I pick the game
'Launch Game' appears - and I hit start button

The only problem is that when you use saveblocks in-game, I get a blackscreen immediately after (music still plays) and I have to restart.
This happens about 50/50, sometimes it just saves and continues
wacko.gif
!
but
its no big problem as even when it blackscreens it also saves! so you restart to where you left off
yaynds.gif

t_mafia

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i'm using the cheats from cheats.gbatemp.net

that ok?

the code for the AR code patch is -

52064138 E1A00005
5206413C E28DDE22
02064138 E3A00001
D2000000 00000000

that correct?

t_mafia

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
it not working man

i downloaded the clean rom

4171_Mario_and_Luigi_Bowsers_Inside_Story_USA_NDS-XPA

and then edited my cheat code of the wrong one to -

52064138 E1A00005
5206413C E28DDE22
02064138 E3A00001
D0000000 00000000
D0000000 00000000

and it still freeze at the save file screen after i activate the code before running the game!!!

any chance u can upload urs cheat file so i can try with ur incase i'm doning something wrong

i love this game!!! i want to buy it but it does come out to england for another year i think?????
unsure.gif
unsure.gif
unsure.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @light27, i wanted a Wii u as a kid when i watched a Mario kart 8 commercial on tv