Cant open tegra

Discussion in 'Switch - Backup Loaders & Modchips' started by Blaze9, Sep 30, 2018.

1. Blaze9
    OP

Blaze9 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 6, 2017
    Myanmar (Burma)
    I cant open tegra rcm. I just keep getting this error HELP

2. jajamundo

jajamundo GBAtemp Regular

Aug 28, 2009
    United States
    Did you try to download it again?

3. Blaze9
    OP

Blaze9 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 6, 2017
    Myanmar (Burma)
    both portable and msi files

4. ExploitJunkie

ExploitJunkie GBAtemp Regular

Dec 4, 2017
    United States
    Try disabling your Kaspersky temporaily

5. Owenge

Owenge GbaTemp browser

Feb 13, 2017
    United States
    ◤__◥
    I’m not really into this scene, but maybe try installing the drivers again(?)

6. Albytrozz

Albytrozz GBAtemp Regular

Jun 10, 2018
    United States
    When I read the topic I pictured some dude trying to pry open a mobile CPU with a butter knife or something...

Nerdtendo, BionicGecko and Owenge like this.
  7. Blaze9
    OP

Blaze9 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 6, 2017
    Myanmar (Burma)
    nope doesnt work

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Lol no i dont do that

8. Albytrozz

Albytrozz GBAtemp Regular

Jun 10, 2018
    United States
    Yeah, not being able to start correctly is a pretty specific error... it pretty much means something like an antivirus or internet security app is blocking it from running...

Do you have Admin rights? Maybe try right clicking and starting it 'As Administrator'?

Last edited by Albytrozz, Sep 30, 2018
    ExploitJunkie likes this.
  9. Blaze9
    OP

Blaze9 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 6, 2017
    Myanmar (Burma)
    i disabled both my kaspersky and smadav but still doesnt work

10. ExploitJunkie

Dec 4, 2017
    United States
    Re-download and unzip the contents again but this time don't have any av running in the background. AV's like to cherry pick files out sometimes. And if you have windows 10 you should also see this screen pop up. Click on more info link and click run anyways.
    defender.

Albytrozz likes this.
  11. ExploitJunkie

Dec 4, 2017
    United States
    Also get rid of that ccleaner shit. It's a junk program. Anything that wants to mess with your registry entries I just simply don't trust at all.

12. Paffo

Paffo Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 10, 2018
    Italy
    that problem is related to ReDists. Re/Install Redistributables x86 AND x64.

Cyan likes this.
  13. ExploitJunkie

Dec 4, 2017
    United States
    Your post is related to dogshit x86 and x64...

14. Paffo

Paffo Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 10, 2018
    Italy
    whats the utility and purpose of this comment?
    he has a problem. Had the same problem and fixed by installing 2015 and 2017 redists. What are you doing to help him?

Cyan likes this.
  15. ExploitJunkie

Dec 4, 2017
    United States
    Fact: trying to help him but your too stupid to read above previous posts. Much unlike the aimless and bullshit/nonsense posts you spew in a desperate effort to make it look like you know what your talking about.Go kick rocks.

16. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    0xc000007b is related to WRONG redist file. (32bit instead of 64bit for example)
    Paffo is right here. It has nothing to do with antivirus, admin right, driver or other weird suggestion.

ExploitJunkie, why do you think your own solution is better and the right one ? did you make any research on that error code ? did you have it and fixed it?
    don't insult and tell users to go away when they are all trying to help (and even more when he has the right solution, while you don't know what you are talking about). Thank you.
    at least, give benefit of the doubt if someone suggest something different than you, and you didn't test it. how can you confirm he's wrong, do you have anything to prove it? are you 100% sure your solution is the right one?

based on the fact "I know better than you", maybe I should tell everyone who suggested random things to go away too, or remove the posts because I have power to? you thought you had right to tell others to go kick rock, I think I have right to do things too.
    deleting all suggestions help would help a lot of people searching for an answer, preventing them to read and bother trying random things and get the proper one right away.

same as Paffo, I already had this problem with the exact error number and fixed it by installing the correct redist version.
    don't you think it's worth a try ? can it be worse ? if you think it's bad or worse, please provide your knowledge to prevent conflicting install of redist and a reason why he shouldn't do it. constructive answers are better for everyone, remember this thread will be found by many people making a google search, it would be great if you can provide proper knowledge and answers instead of blatant insult attempt. you just ridicule yourself.

Last edited by Cyan, Sep 30, 2018
  17. Paffo

Paffo Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 10, 2018
    Italy
    Thanks Cyan, people tend to forget that perhaps the one writing has some backgrounds supporting their assumptions.

As for this, you can check the backup of the registry it makes and compare it to the current one, you can see it effectively only deletes what it tells you it's going to delete. Mostly leftover entries from programs uninstallation.

18. jakkal

jakkal GBAtemp Addict

Apr 27, 2018
    United States
    reinstall your Windows
    Avoid CCleaner

its garbage

ExploitJunkie likes this.
  19. ExploitJunkie

Dec 4, 2017
    United States
    So here we go... im mighty mod hear me roar. Your putting words in my mouth i never spoke to begin with and how can you be so sure your problem that you had will exactly address the OP's issue.How can u prove your right? Do you have anything to prove it yourself other than just what you say?100% sure yourself? Sounds like pure speculation the way you put it. No ridicule felt here your opinions are just that and are garbage to me. Say what you will.

Albytrozz likes this.
  20. ExploitJunkie
    This message by ExploitJunkie has been removed from public view by osaka35, Sep 30, 2018, Reason: not an image board.
    Sep 30, 2018
  21. Albytrozz
    This message by Albytrozz has been removed from public view by Chary, Oct 1, 2018, Reason: Troll.
    Sep 30, 2018
  22. bundat

bundat ¿

Jul 25, 2018
    Antarctica
    I googled OP's error code, 0xc000007b, and this was the first result:
    https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledg...is-unable-to-start-correctly-0xc00007b-error/

Step 5 is what @Paffo and @Cyan are talking about.

I've encountered similar errors in the past where the .exe would just crash upon launching (although admittedly, that was back in the days of WinXP, as I barely use Windows nowadays), and while it would have a different error message back then (something like "MSVCRT.DLL is missing"), installing the Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Redistributable Libraries usually fixed such errors.

Can't hurt to install those too, lots of programs need those to run.

I've also encountered such errors when my antivirus instantly blocked the .exe file and moved it to vault, but usually it also pops up a message that it blocked something so I can instantly tell.

Albytrozz likes this.