Hacking Can’t get USBLoaderGX to autoboot correctly

Daikyuri

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been trying to USBLoaderGX to autoboot from priiloader and I’m having trouble. When I try to autoboot using the default boot.dol called “USB Loader GX (AHBPROT Available)” it autoboots but I get a “USB Device not Initialized Switching to Channel List Mode” error. The thing is, is that it works fine when booting from homebrew. When I use the “Forward v5.1” forwarder it gives me a “Need AHS access” error then kicks me back to the system menu. What am I doing wrong?

CABLE53

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ooff, I've been running into a similar problem, "Waiting for HDD". I was going to use the exact forwarder dol file you used but can't get priiloader to detect the file. It sounds though, that it isn't worth trying to boot to the forwarder either. Man I wish priiloader had a title installer or could just boot to a title automatically(USB L GX Channel) or supported wad installs along with dol installs. This is a late answer to an old post so if you have found another way, please let me in on the secret.

CABLE53

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I got the ModMii program and I did the first time modding thing, got all the stuff I wanted(I am a first time modder(I have the Reg sys menu)) then tried to download the guide and the files, but the guide gave windows an error that said file not found, make sure you have the file named correctly. Then it continued to download the files. I got everything but the guide seems to have not downloaded or it hasn't downloaded to the right place and is hiding from me. I'm in need of some help: If it did download where would I find it, or if it hasn't downloaded can I try to preform a re-download for that specific set?

CABLE53

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also for the Forwarder, what is the USB Loader GX channel hex code and all that? I looked on Priiloader for the titles, and for the channel it displayed: (2) USB Loader GX (UNEO). I presumed that 2 was the type of channel and that UNEO was the hex code. I created the dol file, but when I booted it up with Priiloader, it shot me to the HBC. Did it error or did I just set up a HBC Forwarder?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Fat 32 gui formatter download is broken in modmii, but this is fixed in the latest beta which should hopefuy be released soon. In the meantime you can get this from here: http://ridgecrop.co.uk/index.htm?guiformat.htm

Hopefully nothing else was missing.

If you built a forwarder dol that launches the title ID of an installed channel, said channel must be installed. If that channel is a forwarder channel, then it will also need the channel's corresponding files saved to SD or fat32.

If you built a custom forwarder dol that launches a boot.dol from sd:/whatever/boot.dol then it is not dependent upon having a forwarder channel installed to the system menu. It just requires the corresponding boot.dol saved to external media

Last edited by XFlak,

CABLE53

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks! Yeah it looks like everything downloaded correctly except for the custom guide.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

By the way, I have the full channel installed, not just the forwarder(I can boot USB Loader GX without the SD card files)

CABLE53

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, it(windows) said that it couldn't find the html file and to make sure it was named correctly. I thought it was weird too.

It was a pop-up error from windows.

CABLE53

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok.

Just replaced it with the forwarder channel.

CABLE53

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
upload_2021-1-4_18-40-21.png

This is the error I get when I generate the guide.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
That's strange, what is your copy to SD drive setting? And do u have read/write permission to that directory?

Edit: try using default settings and see if that works. Where do u have modmii installed to? You could also try running it as admin if u have it set to use a locked directory but better to just use unlocked directories

Last edited by XFlak,

CABLE53

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually fixed the problem. So, my SD card was fine, it's formatted to FAT32, and is located in my F:/ drive, as I was able to get those other files and created txt file from notepad and edit it inside. I think the problem might have been inside the zip file route that I did. I chose to download the zip file instead of the exe setup wizard. I extracted the zip on my SD card and I just ran the program off of the SD. The html file must have been missing or something, because I looked everywhere for it and no luck. I just had to create the file manually, then the program was still giving me the error, but in a different form, so it was clearly sensing the file I created, and then I ran the guide generation a second time and I got the same thing. I then decided to check the directory where the file I created was. There were 5 files that were created just like the one I made, so I presumed the program generated them. They had a numbered order from 1-5(example: ModMii_Wizard_Guide(1).html, ModMii_Wizard_Guide(2).html and so on). I looked at all of them and the fifth copy was the one it generated correctly(the others were blank files). Now it generates it just fine; guess it just needed a jump start or something.

Reactions: jeannotte

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O:rofl2: +1