Gaming Can't Get to My Wii Menu (serious n00b help needed)

Van Hammersely

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am trying to set up a Wii acquired from a previous owner, and as soon as i turn it on it says, "System momory full. Use manage data etc." It directs me to the system memory automatically, and when I go into setting and click on the home button to go to the Wii menu it freezes.

I check the system memory and notice a ton of extra content: N64 games, Sega, SNES, NES etc. I have no idea if this content was acquired legally, but the way the system has been acting I would assume not. I was able to delete as much content as possible until it just froze up during one. Now when i try and go back to the Wii system data screen it either freezes or shows nothing.

I read a previous thread on here and someone mentioned to just reformat the system. I'm in the process of doing so and I have been on the "Formatting the Wii System Memory..." screen for about 25 minutes now.

Anyhow, I was wondering if I have anyone could help me out, as the last gaming console I was familiar with you could just fix by blowing into.

Thanks.

Quietlyawesome94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the Wii hacked? If so, the owner probably overloaded the system with .WAD's (Usually pirated copies of N64, Sega, SNES, NES games)

I had this issue once and I simply uninstalled a ton of Virtual Console stuff manually.

As for your Formatting System Memory being stuck. I don't know what to tell you. I wouldn't unplug the Wii until someone more experienced with this stuff gives the go ahead.

Van Hammersely

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the reply, but why not unplug it?

I already did...

Just trying to run netflix through it and if it's busted it's busted. No money lost.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: +1