Hacking Question Can't get past Hekate after attempting to update Atmosphere

jellybones

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I just tried updating to Atmosphere 0.10.1. I merely pasted the files into the root of the SD and replaced as it asked. And I also downloaded the IPS patches and stuck them in the atmosphere folder. I also made sure to download the new fussee primary.bin file. So while my Switch will boot into the Hekate menu, pressing launch from sysnand just makes it go black and then sends me right back to Hekate. Picking from emummc makes a bit further in but will ultimately hang on the Switch logo indefinitely. If I choose payload and select fusseeprimary.bin I get a similar result.

I don't really know what else to do since I'm sure I've downloaded and placed all the relevant files. Any help appreciated.

onibaku

Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I had a similar issue, slightly different though and what I tried was to delete my atmosphere, bootloader and sept folder in my SD card and paste the new ones from the atmosphere and hekate updates (i lost my hekate configurations in the process, its possible to recreate it, havent looked into it yet though). You could make a backup of your hekate configurations, i think its the hekate ipl.ini file. (heck you could backup all three folders before you remove them, just in case, i think its just 100mb)

Also, in: atmosphere/reboot_payload.bin, this bin file will be fusee-primary.bin if you do what i did. I think you'll have to rename the hekate 5.1.1 bin file to reboot_payload.bin and paste it in the atmosphere folder to be able to restart into hekate while in atmosphere. Otherwise when you hit restart, itll just boot you back to atmosphere.

Now i am kind of a noob with the switch, ive just recently gotten into it and there has been a lot of info to digest so I could be wrong and take what i say with a grain of salt, just trying to help.

Last edited by onibaku,
Reactions: laz305

jellybones

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I did that so far. I guess now the thing is that when I go to Launch in hekate, it says no main boot entries found. What file do I need and where?

edit: well I see I mucked up and deleted bootloader instead of just replacing. rip

Edit2: I recovered the lost files with recuva. I still don't have anything to choose from when I pick launch, though.

Last edited by jellybones,

onibaku

Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
If you have the fusee-primary.bin in the payloads folder you could run that payload.. but yeah i had some issues with the config, dont think it recognised my old config.. but running fusee-primary.bin booted me to emummc so i was happy. There's a template for the bootloader configuration on the hekate github page but i havent tried to create a working config for my set up yet

jellybones

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, what I did was just go to https://sdsetup.com/console?switch and pick minimal because I don't give a shit about fancy booting/launching, and then pretty much just start fresh with the files it gave me and the tegrarcmgui download, and then replace that atmosphere with the newest version. And it works, since it's pretty much just a new slate.

I gotta say, I hate updating atmosphere. It's probably my fault, but something seems to go wrong every other time. But hey, can't complain too much.

Reactions: laz305 and onibaku

laz305

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, what I did was just go to https://sdsetup.com/console?switch and pick minimal because I don't give a shit about fancy booting/launching, and then pretty much just start fresh with the files it gave me and the tegrarcmgui download, and then replace that atmosphere with the newest version. And it works, since it's pretty much just a new slate.

I gotta say, I hate updating atmosphere. It's probably my fault, but something seems to go wrong every other time. But hey, can't complain too much.
Tell me about it. I e never had any luck updating either. It’s never smooth like we see on the tutorials. That’s cuz they are always doing a fresh install. But that’s never the case. So when i deleted all the files and folders from my sdcard that I’m going to put in with the updated Atmos I get hit with an error screen saying wrong ini cfg failed to launch hos. Do I need to delete the bootloader folder as well?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tell me about it. I e never had any luck updating either. It’s never smooth like we see on the tutorials. That’s cuz they are always doing a fresh install. But that’s never the case. So when i deleted all the files and folders from my sdcard that I’m going to put in with the updated Atmos I get hit with an error screen saying wrong ini cfg failed to launch hos. Do I need to delete the bootloader folder as well?
Did you use SDSetup like OP?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4