Hacking Can't get my R4i 3DS cart to work, please help?

NekoZelda

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. I bought a 3DS and the R4i 3DS cart last year, but could never get it to work so I left it sit. Today I've been messing with it again for hours and still can't get it to work. It just hangs on the "Loading" screen after clicking the "Dorasu" icon.

I have a TTiDS cart that I bought, set up, and used fine for a long time with my DS Lite. But this new one is vexing!

I have updated my 3DS to ver. 4.3.0-10U, and I've tried all the firmware versions I could find. These are the firmware files I've recently dl'd, tried, and failed:

30587 Wood_R4_v1.51.zip
R4i V1.11d English.zip
R4i-3DS V1.60b English.zip

And I've probably tried others too. I know I need to clear the SD card every time I try a new one (I've even been formatting in between to be sure), and I unzip the files, then copy them to the root directory. I've made a ROM folder and added just one to try it, but as I said I never get past a black "Loading" screen.

Please, can someone try walking me through this? I've seen other threads where they've had it resolved but I feel like I've tried everything already. Could it be the cart itself is bad? >.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
You need to use the software from the site printed on the cart. If that doesn't work at all then one of two things is going on.

1 - The shop sent you the wrong cart, it's their job to put the stickers on and sometimes a shop will put the wrong stickers on carts.
2 - The cart's broken. Rare, but happens.

In either case it's replacement time.
http://gbatemp.net/t290097-which-flash-cart-should-i-get

NekoZelda

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to use the software from the site printed on the cart. If that doesn't work at all then one of two things is going on.

1 - The shop sent you the wrong cart, it's their job to put the stickers on and sometimes a shop will put the wrong stickers on carts.
2 - The cart's broken. Rare, but happens.

In either case it's replacement time.
http://gbatemp.net/t...rt-should-i-get

Rydian, I'm sure I tried the website on the box when I first got it, but I'll try it again... -_-;

NekoZelda

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looking on that site, I found a patch, but the instructions are confusing. I'm going to make a new topic to see if anyone can help me decipher this. *sigh*

SparkyX1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you format the sd card are you using the Panasonic SD formatting tool? You can find it here. Also, if you have a spare micro-sd you might try that. I have had issues with the SD card before and caused similar issues. If you are still having problems, then try to carefully open the card and compare the PCB to this. If it does match, then it is very possible you have a defective card. If it doesn't, it has the wrong sticker like Rydian mentioned.

NekoZelda

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh My Wizard God. I just got it to work. It's been FOREVER and I'd really just about given up, but it worked.

To answer your question though, the site on the box is www.r4ids.cn. I swear I've tried dl'ing their software a dozen times and it's never worked, but just now I did it again (I swear for the 3rd time just tonight) and the Wood kernel from this page: http://www.r4ids.cn/r4i-download-e.html worked! It's the "Wood R4 V1.51 Released (2012-08-21).

Anyway, thank you for all your help, I have no idea why but it's fixed now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, only @BakerMan is as young as me