Hacking Can't get cIOS 38 Rev14 to work.. Any help?

wolfskers89

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have been trying to get cIOS 38 rev 14 to work. I have tried installing all the way back to Rev 12 and it just doesnt seem to want to load my usb drive. It seems to work fine on cIOS 36 rev 10.

Wii System - 4.1 U
Truca bug signed.
bootmii.
preloader.
tried getting hermes 222/223 to work.

I just want to get better compatibility some of my games still freeze when i play them.

I have read all the guides and help online i could find nothing seems to work.
dry.gif

KiiNG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try using ATD to remove your pre-existing 249 install. Run the installer for cIOS38rev14 again, make sure you select IOS36 for what to run the installer as, and network install if you can. Use the USB port closest to the edge of the Wii (bottom slot if laying horizontal.) There's really no reason why it wouldn't work.

wolfskers89

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well no luck here. I tried switching ports. I deleted ios 249 and 250 using anytitle deleter. I installed using wad ios and network install. It seems that it was going to work the retry rate was going slower than before, but still wont mount my device.

Deviyl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you checked the drive on the compatibility list? Seems you've done everything right-- drive may just not be compatible.

nknave

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
KiiNG said:
Run the installer for cIOS38rev14 again, make sure you select IOS36 for what to run the installer as

Wait a minute............hmmmm, are you saying that you Install cIOS38 Rev14 with IOS36 even if the Trucha Bug is fixed and ES_Diverify/ES_Identify is not present?

Be more specific, cause if this is right the way you say it, we shouldn't need to use TBR at all
wacko.gif

wolfskers89

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
nknave said:
KiiNG said:
Run the installer for cIOS38rev14 again, make sure you select IOS36 for what to run the installer as

Wait a minute............hmmmm, are you saying that you Install cIOS38 Rev14 with IOS36 even if the Trucha Bug is fixed and ES_Diverify/ES_Identify is not present?

Be more specific, cause if this is right the way you say it, we shouldn't need to use TBR at all
wacko.gif

In my case i see everywhere saying that you need to truca sign ios 36 i dont think you can even install preloader if its not truca signed. I just think he knows that i have mine signed so he just left that part out since in my first post i put that i have my system trucha signed.........

can't find my drive on compatibility list.... but don't see why it would just end up not being compatible from new releases but it happens..... im trying to reformat my drive and see if that works if not looks like im staying with cios 36 rev 10. I cant even get hermes cios 222/223 to work......

wolfskers89

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the double post but wasn't sure if i should make a new one. This is the hard drive i have. http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt...sa%3DN%26um%3D1

Scroll down the page a little to see the specs.
If anyone can tell me if this works please let me know. I have searched for it on the compatibility list and didnt find it. Also i dont want to add it if i am doing something wrong or missing something.

Thanks.

spoerriwood

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the exact same drive and under rev 14 I can't use it anymore... anyone have a guide on downgrading back to the older versions?

DKAngel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
just install the older version over the top , the caddy might not be compatible, i bought a random shintaro sata caddy for my western digital and it works like a charm in every cios rev

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/eFb28u5GPsU?si=35a7C58FgPbaxIMm