Hacking Can't get Chrono Trigger DS to work with EZ Flash 5...

legaiaflame

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have EZ Flash 5 and have downloaded the Chrono Trigger Rom, and patched it and it still freezes just after the "making a save file don't shut off the system message". I saw an update for EZ Flash 4 why not an update for EZ Flash 5? Anyone else have this problem?Any suggestions?

I'm not very good at the technical side of fixing this stuff, so I'd appreciate it if you could give me some sort of step by step explanation if you know of one. Your help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

nefasto80

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hello I've tried both options and I'm still not able to play it:

So far this is what happened:

I first downloaded the room, the normal one; I was on 1.86 and I was able to pass the inizialization but right after the Square / Whatever image, I got a blue screen with some clocks on the touchscreen and nothing on the normal screen... and the game froze at that moment

Then I tried with a fixed version of the rom, again right after the Square presentation, it froze when the blue screen showed up

I tried with the 1.86d firmwire and the fixed version, same thing, after the Square / Whatever image, it froze when the damn blue screen showed up
I put the 1.90 beta 5 firmware and the fixed version, downloaded the cheat mentioned above, activated the "piracy thing for non m3" on, same thing, it froze when the goddamn blue screen showed up

I downloaded again the normal one, in 1.90 beta 5 with the "piracy thing for non m3t" on and... you guessed right! it froze when the MOTHERF**KING blue screen showed up
frown.gif
!!!

Am I doing something wrong? or is the rom f*cked up?
(Note: I'm not asking for ANY rom, don't wanna get baned or something)

Help
smile.gif
?

BDN123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
same here, nefasto. it would seem that the use of the cheat function on ez flash 5 causes freezing during videos on many roms (ones that i've tried anyway). for example, i was messing with the cheat function on theresia the other day to test my theory and it would continue to freeze during the cgi clips. i'm very tired of the hack-happy spree i've been on the past couple days trying to get the damn thing to work properly, but then again, i'm no hacker.
hate2.gif

screwit8787

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same thing happening to me, everytime i turn on the cheat function,game crashes at the blue clocky screen. Does anyone have a fix for that...?

BDN123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm having difficulty applying the patch. i've opened the .exe and it pops up very briefly, then shuts down. i'm probably doing something wrong. i don't want to fraggle-up my micro without proper details on how to do so. help, anyone?

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
BDN123 said:
i'm having difficulty applying the patch. i've opened the .exe and it pops up very briefly, then shuts down. i'm probably doing something wrong. i don't want to fraggle-up my micro without proper details on how to do so. help, anyone?
You must have your CT dump in the same place than the patch. Patch it first on your PC and copy the fixed dump on your microSD.
CT USA works on EZ5 when it's fixed with either cracker's patch or xpa proper fix (softreset must be OFF, circle must stay orange).

On monday we will probably have a kernel and resetsp.bin update so you guys can use a clean dump.
wink.gif

BDN123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ccosmos said:
BDN123 said:
You must have your CT dump in the same place than the patch. Patch it first on your PC and copy the fixed dump on your microSD.
CT USA works on EZ5 when it's fixed with either cracker's patch or xpa proper fix (softreset must be OFF, circle must stay orange).

On monday we will probably have a kernel and resetsp.bin update so you guys can use a clean dump.
wink.gif
my fault, i should have more descriptive. i've already done the following before on my pc, placed it in its own folder and everything, ran the .exe, but it won't patch for some reason. there weren't any changes to the rom or any of the other files in the folder, and i doubt the patcher would work that quickly to just pop up briefly and shut off. anyway, i'll probably wait for the new kernel if it comes down to that. although, if you could still help me figure out what i'm doing wrong i would greatly appreciate it.

Roamin64

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
BDN123 :

If you are using cracker's fix , you are supposed to run the patch.bat , not xdelta.exe

but i just tried cracker's fix for dstt on the ez flash V plus with both 1.86 and 1.90 kernels and 1.90 wont even load the rom while 1.86 will hang at the blue gears just like using the ez flash's cheats.

nefasto80

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hey guys!

Well I found another version of the rom around the internet, a fixed one and it worked perfectly, I've been donig research and looks like some of the roms that are beeing distributed all over the net are corrupted, so try looking for another rom, it worked 4 me

I love chrono trigger =)

BDN123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ds_psp_360_master said:
JOY! Finally I got CHRONO TRIGGER (U) working on my EZFLASH V PLUS with firmware 1.86e...cheats must be disabled! http://gbatemp.net/style_images/2/folder_p...ns/icon4.gifled,
how far have you gotten? it keeps looping on the first time gate to the future after prison whenever i play, and it seems that others have been having the same problem. i guess the kernal may need some more tweeks.
wacko.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: y