Hacking Can't get any backups to load. CiosCorp 3.5 or Neogamma V7

zyz101z

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am a newb but have read thru several guides and believe I have followed instructions very closely. I managed to install Homebrew/CiosCorp 3.5/Neogamma V7/Cios38R14. I have burned backups of Ringling Bros and Scene it: Twilight. I have burned them on Verbatim DVD-R disks and some off brand DVD-R's. On either disk, in the Disk Menu I always get some disk not recognized error. If I try to load them through Neogamma, it looks like its going to load, but then depending on the game, I either get a green screen and a reboot, or a black screen lock up. I have tried burning with both Nero and ImgBurner. I am starting to feel a bit lost. Any tips would be greatly apprecaited.

xaxa

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Check the serial number on the back of your wii.

If the number is anything at or higher than LU64, you will not be able to use DVD-R disks at all. You may want to consider using a usb or sd loader.

Riicky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xaxa said:
Check the serial number on the back of your wii.

If the number is anything at or higher than LU64, you will not be able to use DVD-R disks at all. You may want to consider using a usb or sd loader.

not true...what you mean is..maybe he has a newer wii with a D3-2 Drive, which cannot load backup's on dvds..which doesn't seem to be the problem as he stated neogamma seems to "wanna load" the game....

now zyz101z What is the current state of your Wii, and what have you installed?

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
xaxa said:
Riicky said:
I know people with LU64's and plenty of people on here have LU64+ wii's, and they can play backups using DVD's
thanks for clearing that up.

LU64+ Wii's was never really a good name for them in the first place. The proper distinction for those Wii's are boot2v4 Wii's. The difference with those is that they can't have anything downgraded below 3.4 I believe or whatever is downgraded will basically be dead. The only reason they were really a big deal at a time was because one method of getting the trucha bug back was downgrading IOS35 and that method of getting it back killed IOS35 on those Wii's. Now that we have the Trucha Bug Restorer it's not really a big deal at all anymore if a Wii is a boot2v4/Lu64+ Wii. They just can't be downgraded to 3.2 or anything. (which is pretty useless now anyways.)

These D3-2 drives are entirely unrelated and only on much more recent Wii's.

zyz101z

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't check the Serial # on my Wii yet, but I got it like 2 weeks after they first came out. So it is first generation. So It shouldnt have the drive that can't play the dvd's.

So far I have installed Homebrew.. NAND.. Neogamma v7... Cios249 r14 ... Cioscorp 3.5. I have also installed bootmii and dvdx. I also installed Mplayer.

The wii seems to be working for normal stuff. I can play retail games still. I can play DVD's with Mplayer. When I load Neogamma, it gets to where i can change the options. I hit load from DVD, it comes up with another screen that shows the current options as it loads the cd. Then I get the freeze or the green screen and reboot.

Thanks for all the responses. Appreciate it guys.

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
What system menu are you on? Did you follow a guide to do that stuff? Did you not use the Trucha Bug Restorer on a 3.4 or above system menu? If so, your cIOS/cIOSCORP likely never really got installed in the first place.

zyz101z

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am on system menu 4.2. I did try and follow the Mod any 4.2 sticky in this forum. It had me restore the trucha bug. After I finished that guide, everything seem to install ok, but the neogamma was not working so I tried to install Cioscorp. It wouldn't install. SO i read that I needed the Waninkoko 249 IOS. I installed that, then I was finnally able to get Cioscorp 3.5 to install. It had no errors after that. Everything went smooth.

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you followed xzxero's guide properly you should have already installed one of Waninkoko's cIOS revisions as a wad. He has cIOS rev14 (and optionally rev15) in wad form that installs to IOS 249 and 250 and also Hermes' cIOS's in wad form for IOS 222 and 223 (and 202 for media).

So which revision of Waninkoko's cIOS did you reinstall over that? And did you get to 4.2 by an official update or through his update package?

zyz101z

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I upgraded naturally. My Wii was unmodded prior. I installed the Wanakoko cios 249 R14 after I did the files that were in the modify.zip from the guide. I believe I did select 249 v15 and 250v15 when I was going through his guide. Do I need to remove those, or would it have overwritten them? If so, what is a safe way to do that? I do have the Any tittle deleter, just nervous to use it without specific instructions.

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well if you upgraded normally, you should have needed to delete IOS222, 223, 249, and 250 before installing the actual ones because the update stubbed them and maxed out the version numbers so other installs shouldn't have worked, but if NeoGamma says you have rev14 installed... I dunno, you could try deleting those IOS's as mentioned in the guide/above and then reinstall those cIOS wad's provided in his package using IOS36 again provided you still have the trucha bug on it from the TBR.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night