Can't figure out what to do, my R4 isn't working. Help

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by kitty56789, May 22, 2013.

1. kitty56789
    OP

kitty56789 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 22, 2013
    Canada
    I got my R4i Gold card a little while back but it hasn't been working. I don't know if its because I'm using my cell phone SD card for and it gets confused as to where to access the files or I'm using the wrong firmware. The image that pops up is a red microSD card looking confused saying "Menu?". I'll take a picture of the box it came in and if you could explain "exactly" how to install firmware onto it I should be good, Now I have no idea where the root folder is, is it _SYSTEM_? and where do I put certain things if I can't find them in the files?

2. kitty56789
    OP

kitty56789 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 22, 2013
    Canada
  3. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    The root means NO folder. The root is the MicroSD itself, not inside any folder.

4. Trevor Belmont

Trevor Belmont GBAtemp Regular

Mar 30, 2013
    United States
    timbuk2, kamtucky
    You go to the website (or just google your card type and firmware), download, unzip/extract the data, drag and drop the data into the "root" memory (just onto the card card itself, not in a sub folder, like Rydian said).

On your PC, it should show up as a drive letter (A, B, C, etc...) once you hook up the micro-sd via usb adapter.
    Just drag and drop the FW data right in there.

Then for the games and multimedia, it helps if you make your own sub folders if you have more than a few different types.
    For example, DS games, NES games, Music, Ebooks, Videos, etc, etc... (see pic).

Hope that helps you.

Attached Files:

5. kitty56789
    OP

kitty56789 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 22, 2013
    Canada

Thanks I'll give it a shot

6. EyeZ

EyeZ GBAtemp Addict

Dec 4, 2009
    The red menu? message means the firmware/kernel can't be found.

Go to the website for your card, download the kernel and extract with Winrar, put everything from the download onto your microSD, as it is, not into any folders.

7. kitty56789
    OP

kitty56789 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 22, 2013
    Canada
    Could you possibly find the website I should go to? because the website on the card itself doesn't exist apparently. www.R4ids-pro.com :\

8. EyeZ

EyeZ GBAtemp Addict

Dec 4, 2009