Hacking Can't eject Vita on MAC (USB via vitaShell)

Dochartaigh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on a 2013 Mac Pro running Sierra OS 10.12.3. On my Vita I use vitaShell to mount the drive through a USB cable. I can't eject that drive properly (by clicking the Eject icon next to the drives name) and get the "disk not ejected properly" error every time.

Since I'm using a 64gb card - which I've read can be prone to corruption (especially if it isn't ejected properly), I'm trying to find out the proper way to eject this drive - even if the solution is a Linux command in Terminal that is fine for me.

I've tried two different Mac's on Sierra. The Vita ejects properly every time on a 2009 Mac Pro running El Capitan OS, FYI.

Dochartaigh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shutdown and use only FTP.

Not possible with only 2.4ghz wireless and we're talking about a single game being well over 3gb... (lucky to get like 2-3mb/sec in real world use).

Bound to be some sort Sierra indexing b*llocks, happens to some of the triage drives I use for work. This might help as it deletes those files then safely ejects: https://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/27416/hidden-cleaner

Really old app but seems to still work fine in Sierra.

Thanks. Never thought those ._ files would prevent the drive from ejecting...is that what is happening? I'll try that program and see if it helps (I can also clear those files off with a Terminal command...just have to find what I used last time and see if that does it).

GeneralSmiley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Unlikely that they are the cause, more likely that trying to write some kind of index (using those files) is the cause and hence wiping them and ejecting may fix.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-