Hacking Can't download from freeshop after update

namiafakh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Hello, I just bought an old 3ds that's already using cfw luma 11.5.
I accidentally update my old 3ds system via setting menu to 11.6, not from luma updater. And recently I discovered that I can't download and install game from freeshop but I still can look for game titles there.
I don't know if this issue is related to the system version or my internet connection. Before I update the system, I can install game from freeshop, now I cant.
Can someone please help me out?
Thank you.

Last edited by namiafakh,

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I accidentally update my old 3ds system via setting menu to 11.6, not from luma updater. And recently I discovered that I can't download and install game from freeshop but I still can look for game titles there.
I don't know if this issue is related to the system version or my internet connection. Before I update the system, I can install game from freeshop, now I cant.
Thank you.
not to sound like an ass but there has to be more to this story . . . updating sysnand with luma would not cause this issue . . . can i get a pic of the consoles sd cards root?
and you should test your sd card for errors H2testw (Windows)

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you.
The update has nothing to do with it. You're supposed to update through system settings. Luma updater just updates your luma version. What happens when you try downloading a game?

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you.
updating should not effect it at all though make sure you dont have nintendo's update servers blocked via router settings

namiafakh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I'm completely new to this stuff :(
That is the whole story. First day I received the console, it already comes with luma 11.5 and I tried to install game like kirby from freeshop and it works just fine. the download went smoothly. Yesterday, after I update to 11.6, The freeshop app still works, but when I tried to download another game, for example inazuma eleven, the status is like "installing seed" then"installing tmd" then "installing 1/2 ... 0.0% (1/9999)" then "retrying x times" and then "suspended".
Where can I get to the root folder? if I open FBI and choose SD, is that the root folder I'm choosing?
==================================================
Pretty much just like I said from the answer above. the status is like "installing seed" then "installing tmd" then "installing 1/2 ... 0.0% (1/9999)" then "retrying x times" and then "suspended".
before the update, it just straight to download and installing the game.

It seems like I cant use quote in this thread (?)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

updating should not effect it at all though make sure you dont have nintendo's update servers blocked via router settings
How to prevent this issue? Do I have to use port forwarding?

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where can I get to the root folder?
oh its not a folder its the . . . beginning . . . when you put the sd in the pc the directory it opens to

and if you just got it (used) then i think you have a faulty sd card (its a shady thing but people do shady things for cash . . . *looks at gateway*) please test your sd card with the program i linked for you

Reactions: namiafakh

namiafakh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
oh its not a folder its the . . . beginning . . . when you put the sd in the pc the directory it opens to

and if you just got it (used) then i think you have a faulty sd card (its a shady thing but people do shady things for cash . . . *looks at gateway*) please test your sd card with the program i linked for you
I see, so the first thing I see when I choose the sd card is the root.
The thing is, the SD card tray is sealed with guarantee sticker :( Is there any way to check if the sd card is faulty or not? Because I still can play all the game I have in this device without the save file being corrupted or something like that.

Is there enough space in the SD for the game?
I have plenty of storage, It says free for about 51000+ blocks, the largest game I have is pokemon moon, about 26k blocks or around 3 GB.
Inazuma eleven is around 800 MB, so I guess storage isnt the issue.

namiafakh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Sounds like you don't have enough space on the SD card. Freeshop shows you how much space you have left
I have plenty of storage in my sd card. Is it possible that freeshop suddenly change the install folder to system storage? the system storage is free for about 1.1k blocks.

Sounds like you fucked up an old CFW installation method.
Oh please dont :(
From the answers above, they said that updating through system update wont cause trouble like this.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see, so the first thing I see when I choose the sd card is the root.
exactly
I still can play all the game I have in this device without the save file being corrupted or something like that.
i see it a lot but the entire sd does not need to be corrupt for issues like yours (it may just be sectors of it)
The thing is, the SD card tray is sealed with guarantee sticker :( Is there any way to check if the sd card is faulty or not?
run this program on it H2testw (Windows)

namiafakh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Do you know how the which exploit is/was being used to boot the CFW?
I really have no idea. Can you give me an exploit names for example? I might be able to find it on the sd card.

exactly i see it a lot but the entire sd does not need to be corrupt for issues like yours (it may just be sectors of it)run this program on it H2testw (Windows)
Okay, I guess I really have to tear this guarantee sticker :(

It's 1.09 AM here, I have to sleep.
Thanks guys for your help, I'll update the progress of this issue later this morning.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, unfortunately the guarantee sticker is on the sd card slot. If I want to take the sd card out, I'd have to rip the sticker first and then the guarantee is void.
take that shit back where you got it, they gave you a bad card and want to hide it with a sticker that they say you cant remove. . . go get your cash back . . . and punch the seller in the face for attempting to scam you

ZachariasBarnham

Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How much DID you pay for your 3DS? And did you order it online, or did some guy just sell it to you?

Legitimate sellers and re-sellers DO NOT put 'guarantee stickers' on the 3DS SDCard slots preventing access. The only ones who do this are dishonest people who are hiding something. I totally concur with the above poster about punching this seller in the face.

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Better yet don't ever buy a pre hacked 3DS the risk of a faulty/banned system is too high unless it's someone well known from here thats works around them.
Im sure you can get a new n3ds xl with a required firmware to hack it especially with all these NTR flashcards making CFW installation easier

Last edited by MasterJ360,
Reactions: ThoD

namiafakh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
take that shit back where you got it, they gave you a bad card and want to hide it with a sticker that they say you cant remove. . . go get your cash back . . . and punch the seller in the face for attempting to scam you

You made my day XD
Well, this guarantee only cover the 3ds console only, not the accessories that come with it (I think Sd card too). Should I just risk it?

How much DID you pay for your 3DS? And did you order it online, or did some guy just sell it to you?

Legitimate sellers and re-sellers DO NOT put 'guarantee stickers' on the 3DS SDCard slots preventing access. The only ones who do this are dishonest people who are hiding something. I totally concur with the above poster about punching this seller in the face.
The seller label it as "Certified pre owned" 3ds, I don't know where he get their certification from though. So this thing is basically a 2nd hand console. I bought it for around $60.

Better yet don't ever buy a pre hacked 3DS the risk of a faulty/banned system is too high unless it's someone well known from here thats works around them.
Im sure you can get a new n3ds xl with a required firmware to hack it especially with all these NTR flashcards making CFW installation easier
The seller have a pretty good reputation online, that's why I bought this console from him. Also, new 3ds price is really high in my country, it's about $350 :(

================================

I have an update. I tried refreshing freeshop cache after that I can download a game halfway, not full speed (around 5-10% of my internet top speed) but it did make a progress for a while and then keeps on retrying.

Last edited by namiafakh,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    the internet
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I got only 8GB of RAM. But I want 32GB.
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Time to just download more ram
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah search Google
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me when I stick a flash drive into it.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wish we could have 1Gbps external storage by now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like for micro
  • Veho @ Veho:
    New Myoo.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Yooo noice
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Looks like a Famicom handheld
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, they were going for that.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not very good though.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm watching the review, the emulators it uses suck bawls.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Software update might improve it.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Or maybe someone will make like Emulation Station for it or something?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That counts as a software update :tpi:
    +1
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    Ello
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can think of the design teams process another joystick and no audio or a joystick and mono audio
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "You think we can just put the speakers at the top
    ?" "NO!"
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pft stereo speakers you're fired
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pft stereo speakers you're fired +1