khaeroup

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello everyone!

A friend of mine running o3DS XL + MenuHax + Luma (no he's not willing to change to A9LH) updated his Luma version via homebrew (not sure if it was LumaUpdater, StarUpdater or something else)...and since then he can't boot into Luma anymore.

Menuhax boots as usual (classic bottom screen changing colors + some text on the top screen) but after that it's just a black screen (and sometimes it reboots menuhax itself).

We tried to download the latest luma version, put the files in the SD, and move the boot.3dsx from the "menuhax" folder to the root. However we're still stuck with a beautiful blackscreen after menuhax booting sequence.

As always, help is appreciated! :D Thanks!

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
He's not willing to change to future-proof, brick-free and risk-free method of launching CFW on his console because ...? You do realize menuhax is outdated? And as things evolve and are being updated menuhax will be left behind. I don't know why Luma doesn't work after updating with Menuhax, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's exactly because Luma is updated, menuhax is not. This wouldn't be an issue in the first place if he wasn't using an outdated method.

Even if someone is able to provide you with a fix for this problem you really should try to convince your friend to get A9LH either way.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
What's with this recent attitude with everyone asking for help, but refusing to change? You are basically holding yourself back for no reason. If you are having trouble with menuHAX, why continue to use it?

khaeroup

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I suppose the reason is that he doesn't want to mess around with sysnand but keep things separated. However it's his 3DS, he decides what to do :)
PS: The reason i wrote "no he's not willing to change to A9LH" was to avoid "Tell him to upgrade to A9LH"...but apparently it didn't work :D

Reactions: Quantumcat

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I suppose the reason is that he doesn't want to mess around with sysnand but keep things separated. However it's his 3DS, he decides what to do :)
PS: The reason i wrote "no he's not willing to change to A9LH" was to avoid "Tell him to upgrade to A9LH"...but apparently it didn't work :D
The thing is, if you already done the basic troubleshooting, than that only leaves a very limited number of options. The best option from there is to try another entrypoint, which currently A9LH is the best option. And really it's better because he can get rid of the emuNAND and just run his sysNAND with a CFW. Or even keep the emuNAND, but have 100% perfect bootrate into the emuNAND. No matter what option he goes with, he's going to get something better, with better security and support.

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
As Glaceon said, you can still use emuNAND with A9LH if you really want to. So you can't argue against A9LH because you want to use emuNAND when A9LH does enable the usage of it. However emuNAND literally provides nothing that simply having A9LH doesn't so there's no real reason to use it either. Even if ya get bricked .. so what? A9LH and it's payloads load before anything else so you can always restore your backup.

el_gonz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Try using an older version of Luma, preferably stable release.

Maybe there is an issue with menuhax in latest nightly version.

Also tell your friend to enjoy Menuhax lol.

Reactions: Quantumcat

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol