Hacking Can't boot after firmware 9.0.0 updae

lloydoldman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I may be doing something stupid, so appreciate any help. After updating firmware to 9.0.0 via choidujourNX, Hekate (v5.0.2) loads fine but I can't boot from the launch menu into CFW. Had updated atmosphere to 0.9.4 before the 9.0.0 firmware update and atmosphere seemed to be loading fine. When I try to launch atmosphere from Hekate, an error message flashes very briefly that looks like "Pkg2 decryption failed!" and then it immediately dumps me back to Hekate.

Suggestions on how to troubleshoot would be appreciated, thanks!

XaneTenshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Thanks for help. Tried injecting fusee_primary.bin but the same thing happened as when I try to boot from Hekate--got a splash screen and then everything goes blank.

No offense to the guy who tried to tried to help you, but what he said is completely wrong. The latest version of Hekate (5.02) loads FW 9.0 and 9.0.1 just fine. Did you remember to also update sept when you updated to Atmopshere 0.9.4? Your earlier FW would have likely been fine without sept being updated, but not now that you are on 9.0

EDIT. Are you getting the Pkg2 decryption failed error with or without Hekate error logging turned on? Might be an idea to turn it on and record the output (make a video of it with your phone, it's shown too briefly to simply take a picture of it)

Last edited by XaneTenshi,

lloydoldman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No offense to the guy who tried to tried to help you, but what he said is completely wrong. The latest version of Hekate (5.02) loads FW 9.0 and 9.0.1 just fine. Did you remember to also update sept when you updated to Atmopshere 0.9.4? Your earlier FW would have likely been fine without sept being updated, but not now that you are on 9.0

EDIT. Are you getting the Pkg2 decryption failed error with or without Hekate error logging turned on? Might be an idea to turn it on and record the output (make a video of it with your phone, it's shown too briefly to simply take a picture of it)
Thanks for you help. I updated sept folder and, well it did something, though I still can't boot. An additional atmosphere/sept splash screen shows up but then it displays "Failed to apply 'nosigchk'/" Any ideas what I can try from here?

Thank you

thesjaakspoiler

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Update of my Switch to 9.0 didn't work with my old Atmosphere for some reason.
I also updated my Atmosphere/Sept files but my Switch also didn't boot properly.

I would recommend a clean install.
Just keep the nintendo folder and move the rest of all the files to a folder names 'old'.
Install a fresh copy of Atmosphere.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn