Hacking Can't back up Nand

legaldj1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I softmodded my Wii which is version 4.2u so that I can play ISO games with USB Loader GX. I also want to be able to play Wad games. There is a Triforce tutorial on the wiihacks site that would allow me to do this, but I have to first back up the Nand with bootmii.

My SD card currently has 2 bootmii folders. One is on the root of the card, and the other is under a subfolder cboot2.

When I try to load bootmii from the Homebrew channel, a CIOS Installer starts with an animated screen with loud rock music.

How do I start bootmii, and why do I have 2 bootmii folders?

Thanks

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I don't know why you have 2 bootmii folders, but it's the one under the root folder that matters. Upon starting bootmii (either by turning on your wii, or by selecting it from the homebrew channel), it'll look for the configuration file in SD:\bootmii\bootmii.ini. This file should look a bit like this:

Code:
# BootMii config file
# Created by bootmii config editor

# Video mode, possible settings:
# NTSC, PAL50, PAL60, PROGRESSIVE
VIDEO=NTSC

# Autoboot, possible settings:
# SYSMENU, HBC
#AUTOBOOT=OFF
BOOTDELAY=5
Just make sure the 'video' line is correct (NTSC for a normal US TV) and that the 'bootdelay' isn't 0.

If all goes well, you should get this screen when starting. After that, it's just a matter of learning how to navigate by the power- and reset-buttons (wiimotes don't sync in that screen...it's normal).

Oh, and of course I'm assuming you've got bootmii installed. It's a part of the hackmii installer package...install it either as boot2 (prefered if possible) or as IOS. So if you're not sure...just install again.
smile.gif

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
legaldj1 said:
I softmodded my Wii which is version 4.2u so that I can play ISO games with USB Loader GX. I also want to be able to play Wad games. There is a Triforce tutorial on the wiihacks site that would allow me to do this, but I have to first back up the Nand with bootmii.

My SD card currently has 2 bootmii folders. One is on the root of the card, and the other is under a subfolder cboot2.

When I try to load bootmii from the Homebrew channel, a CIOS Installer starts with an animated screen with loud rock music.
the bootmii folder in the root of your sd card is actually the bootmii folder for cboot2, when cboot2 is launched, it loads the boot.dol from the root of the sd card (which must be the cios installer u describe)

How do I start bootmii, and why do I have 2 bootmii folders?
rename the current bootmii folder something else (ie. bootmii_cboot2) and copy bootmii's original bootmii folder to the root of your sd card, then just launch bootmii via the HBC. If you're missing these files, u can get them again by using the hackmii installer.

Thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    B @ btjunior: i am 16 but set my birthday to 9/11 lmao