Hacking Cannot updated r4igold?

Skyhigh_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello i bought this card from one of the sponsors linked in this website.

The card's sticker has r4ids.cn as a website. I don't update my dsi , but i want to update this card i have to the newest patch in case i buy a 3ds soon ( which i might).

I went to the website and downloaded the patch below but it did not update the card. It had 2 files in the zip one that said dslite, and dsi. I tried both of them and after pressing A to continue to upgrade the card i get a message in the bottom screen that says '' FAIL''. The card still works fine but it seems i couldn't update for some reason.

I did read the '' read me txt'' file include in the zip but its a bit sketchy, i tried both files but can't update with either.. any help would be appreciated.
The DSi V1.45&3DS V4.5.0-10 Patch for R4i Gold 3DS is released now! (for R4i gold 3DS card only)(Dec.13,2012)
11.gif
''

Skyhigh_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How can i check if its a C revision? I can't see anything in the packaging or card marked with such

Mine does have a dorasu icon ( pink with angel like wings). How long until i can update this one? Or how can i buy and know i am getting the '' c revision'' ?

The Riolu

Emanation Pokémon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How can i check if its a C revision? I can't see anything in the packaging or card marked with such

Mine does have a dorasu icon ( pink with angel like wings). How long until i can update this one? Or how can i buy and know i am getting the '' c revision'' ?

The latest "C" revision is available online at ZhuZhuChina or NDS-Card.com.

It is unknown whether the other revisions will be updated, or when they will be.

Skyhigh_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The latest "C" revision is available online at ZhuZhuChina or NDS-Card.com.

It is unknown whether the other revisions will be updated, or when they will be.

I typed r4igold in the zhuzhu website and this is the only one that came up :
http://www.zhuzhuchina.com/store/r4...ml?search_string=r4igold&search_category_id=0

So i suppose this one is NOT officially supported by WOOd r4? Considering that it has a different website written in the package it leads me to believe its not offically supported by wood and if it does use wood its probably using a cheap cracked version.

I have a white one called r4isdhc and it uses wood. For the most part all the games work fine but it has outdated wood software , and about 25% of games will not work properly on it without bugs.

It doesn't make sense though the one i bought is this one : http://www.nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=149, so if i bought this one again wouldn't it mean i can't update it?

Elfeckin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I too am in the same boat as many here on GBAtemp. I had the DORASU Icon when i bought it and since have updated to the last firmware that works that has the Metroid demo icon now. I guess we version c guys with DORASU just wait.

Hardcase1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im in the same boat with a version "C" card but with the Metroid demo icon, I wish they would let us know if it is going to be possible to update these cards or not.
I emailed them a couple days ago but still have not received a response. Maybe i will just order a DSTwo.

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got the C revision Metroid Icon from ZhuZhu as well. Gonna be extremely pissed if they cant be updated. Just got mine within the past month.

In retrospect, should have just gotten the DSTwo

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I regret my R4i Gold 3DS purchase, and should have just waited to buy a DSTwo. I"m also a revision C card owner. It had Dorasu (pink) icon at purchase in July. Now has Metroid, and won't update. I'm getting pissed that the DSTwo gets updated within mere HOURS, while we wait for the BROKEN update to be fixed. :/ By the time they release a new patch, nintendo will have another firmware, and we'll be back where we started. :/

EyeZ

Trophies
XP
I regret my R4i Gold 3DS purchase, and should have just waited to buy a DSTwo. I"m also a revision C card owner. It had Dorasu (pink) icon at purchase in July. Now has Metroid, and won't update. I'm getting pissed that the DSTwo gets updated within mere HOURS, while we wait for the BROKEN update to be fixed. :/ By the time they release a new patch, nintendo will have another firmware, and we'll be back where we started. :/

This is not directed at you but reading this reminds me of all the posts i've read saying "the DSTWO is outa my budget", "the DSTWO is too expensive"

"i'm gonna get the r4i gold it's cheaper than the DSTWO", you get the picture.

You pay for Quality, and the DSTWO has certainly proved it's a quality cart.

kikuo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Checked for you and it seems that only r4i gold 3ds (Revision "C") comes with the icon - "deep labyrinth" supports 3DS V4.5.0-10 directly without patch updating,the older version at present cant work on 3ds latest firmware. far as i knew,now many stores ,such as digitopz.com and so on ,provide pre-flashed 3ds cards,so you dont need any updating after you received ,maybe you can give it a shot ~

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
This is not directed at you but reading this reminds me of all the posts i've read saying "the DSTWO is outa my budget", "the DSTWO is too expensive"

"i'm gonna get the r4i gold it's cheaper than the DSTWO", you get the picture.

You pay for Quality, and the DSTWO has certainly proved it's a quality cart.
I agree, I should have waited a week and been able to afford the DSTwo. I can afford one soon, and I'll just keep this card for me DSi-XL.

Skyhigh_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My card is still stuck in the dorasu icon and version 1.4.3 U i believe.

It seems ( from posts) here there isn't a current update to patch the new official firmware, however some of you seem to be running another updated version with a metroid icon.

Where do i get that update ( i believe that i updates to 1.4.4 U) ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ