Hacking Cannot get USBLoader GX to save Wii game save data onto SD

Orcut

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone, I know this question has been asked multiple times and given solutions and tutorials, including the ones by Cyan. But none of those seem to work for me, and I can't figure out why. I've literally been trying to figure this out for about 6 hours or so.

All I want is to have USBLoader GX save and load my Wii game saves, but I cannot figure out what I am doing wrong. I am using cIOS v10, and have tried revision 52 and 53. All the games I have on my USB work great, just having the saving issue.

Maybe the formula I am using is the problem, but if I am doing everything correctly it should work, right?

1 - Open USBLoader GX, all games show up as normal.

2 - Define the EmuNand path on the SD card, I have tried multiple paths on the SD, trying a bunch of names for folders.

3 - Select the Loader Settings > NAND Emulation Save to "Partial"

4 - Open up Super Smash Bros Brawl to create a save file, which is then saved on the Wii NAND.

5 - After the save file is made, I go into the settings of Super Smash Bros Brawl and click, "Extract Save to EmuNand." The save then transfers without issues.

6 - Go into my Wii data folder to erase the Super Smash Bros Brawl save data from the Wii NAND.

7 - Open up Super Smash Bros Brawl in USBLoader GX again and start the game. The game asks me if I want to create save data. *Rips hair out*

There has to be something I am missing. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you all!

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
are you sure you have the same problem as the OP? Same game, same procedures?
The steps the OP used is contradictory: if he set emunand save to" partial" in step 3, how can he create a save in Wii nand in step 4? -unless he was not using usbloadergx to open the game at the time but why?
If he was using usbloadergx to open the game, steps 4 to 5 are not necessary unless there is something peculiar with the game - not all games are compatible with emunand save but they should simply crash.

Last edited by tswntk,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BigOnYa series S is the way to go, its a bargain for a capable system