Hacking Cannot Get Acekard 2 (ver. 2.1) to boot

Kaioshin Sama

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've never really used this kind of hardware before, but I friend recommended it to me and I bought it to try out. I've already loaded the two firmware files from the Acekard website onto my MicroSD card, put that in the Acekard 2 and put it in the DS but it doesn't seem to want to do anything when I start up my DS. It just hangs on a black screen with the words "Loading..." on it and does absolutely nothing. Even after trying multiple times to insert the card into the slot it doesn't seem to work and I've noticed that the slot for the MicroSD seems to be kind of difficult with the spring. Don't know if it's the hardware not fitting in or something to do with the software and formatting (which admittedly I'm not sure how to do with a MicroSD card since I've never used anything like this), but I'm completely stuck here and out of ideas. Can anyone please help?

Kaioshin Sama

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay I have both akmenu4. NDS and the _aio folder in my SD cards root directory and they are the only files there and I still cannot get it to go past the "loading..." screen that comes up immediately after the usual Nintendo health and safety warning with no input. I've even tried the Panasonic formatter to reformat my card in Fat32 (Which it was already in but I tried anyway since the instructions recommended it) to see if that was the problem but still hangs on the black "loading..." screen.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
this is a contact issue. take the ak in/out/in/out/in/out of the ds and try it each time you put it in. also try taking the msd out and make sure it "clicks" in if its spring loaded and if its not make sure its pushed all the way down.

if that fails your acekard has a 1yr warranty. contact your reseller and ask for a replacement. acekard recently announced on their homepage that they offer the warranty, before that it was an unspoken thing. you can use that to your advantage for stubborn resellers.

-another world

Kaioshin Sama

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've tried it several times over and over and over and it just doesn't seem to be working. I've noticed though that in some videos I've checkd the Acekard 2 will let you select it as an app from the regular DS menu and then try to load but this one just tries to load instantly and fails at the black "loading..."screen. I'm starting to think the card might be defective like some others are saying of the latest dealxtreme batch, but I will keep trying for a little while and see if I can get any results. It is a springloaded one by the way and I've also taken a picture of the error for people to see what's happening:

picturel.jpg

Kaioshin Sama

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
BoxShot said:
Huh? You sure that's an acekard? My acekard's loading screen is on the bottom and in blue. (Unless there are new ones I don't know about)

See that's what I've heard too along with it not autobooting right off the bat, which leads me to believe that I might have gotten gipped by Dealxtreme and it's a fake or something.

Kaioshin Sama

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
BoxShot said:
Wait I didn't get that do you mean it autoboots or not?

I'll plug it into the DS and turn it on and right off the Nintendo Health and Safety screen, before the "touch the screen to continue" thing even pops up the card will go into that loading screen and stay stuck there. I must have inserted and taken the thing out about 30 times now and I know the firmware files are on the card so I'm at a loss but to try and get a replacement.

BoxShot

Chiyo-chan :3
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Its isn't supposed to autoboot at all. So you need a different firmware because that isn't an acekard. By the way it might not be dx's fault because iirc they get flashcards without stickers so they have to put them on themselves. That might cause them to be mixed up.

Kaioshin Sama

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
BoxShot said:
Its isn't supposed to autoboot at all. So you need a different firmware because that isn't an acekard. By the way it might not be dx's fault because iirc they get flashcards without stickers so they have to put them on themselves. That might cause them to be mixed up.

If that is the case then does anyone here recognize this card's loading screen? I can probably salvage this product if I know and just go to get the proper firmware.

Kaioshin Sama

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Alright it appears that the card is actually an R4 DS that got mislabelled, but the problem is that even though i can get past the "loading..." screen with the R4 firmware, nothing else seems to be happening. Going to move over onto the R4 forum to continue this nightmare.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
its to dark for me to see whats going on. the kits with ak stickers were the edge and dstt, so try those firmwares. can you take images of the package the "acekard" came in? i'd like to see if it is legit or a fake. take shots of the front/back of the box and all included stuff, if you could. also is your nds set to boot slot1 automatically?

the acekard boot loader is in blue. you should see a blue "loading..." before the firmware loads up. none of the acekards boot automatically after the h&s screen. acekard likes to use the nds firmware for advertisement as it says "acekard www.acekard.com" =P

-another world

Kaioshin Sama

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Alright so the R4 DS firmware doesn't seem to work at anything more than getting me past the "loading..." screen and into a blank black screen it acts like an R4 from what I've seen, but may be a clone and hence not fully compatible with the firmware. Once again I am stuck without any ideas. God knows what Dealxtreme gave me but it's not an Acekard 2 and apparently it's not quite and R4 DS either. Any other ideas?

Oh thank christ I finally found a fix. It's an R4, but I needed the most obnoxious fiddling with YS Menu to get this all to work. Thank you Boxshot for giving me the idea that I might have gotten the wrong card sticker on my product. Really appreciate the thinking outside the box. (no pun intended
tongue.gif
)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Yeet the cat.