Homebrew WIP CannonBall - Outrun Engine ported to the Switch (5.0)

• Thread starter MVG
  • Start date
  • Views 15,512
  • Replies 48
  • Likes 23

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
LANTUS!! Big fan mate. Awesome to see you working on Switch stuff now. Followed you during the Xbox/360 scene :) Wow with you and Ced2911 all we need is a Gligli then we'd have the Emulator masters together :P

yesimnathan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found your code on github! I can't post links yet but the github username is 'lantus' for those curious.

I'm having a weird issue attempting to compile it. This is the first switch homebrew using switch-SDL2 that I've tried to compile so it's possible that my dev setup just isn't quite right but I figured I'd post it here & see if anyone has any insight:

/opt/devkitpro/portlibs/switch/lib/libSDL2.a(SDL_systhread.o): In function `SDL_ThreadID':
/home/davem/projects/devkitpro/pacman-packages/switch/SDL2/src/SDL2-2.0.8/src/thread/switch/SDL_systhread.c:66: undefined reference to `svcGetThreadId'
/opt/devkitpro/portlibs/switch/lib/libSDL2.a(SDL_systhread.o): In function `SDL_SYS_SetThreadPriority':
/home/davem/projects/devkitpro/pacman-packages/switch/SDL2/src/SDL2-2.0.8/src/thread/switch/SDL_systhread.c:97: undefined reference to `svcSetThreadPriority'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [makefile:44: release/cannonball.elf] Error 1

This is with switch-sdl2 2.0.8-7 from the devkitpro pacman repos.

MVG

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found your code on github! I can't post links yet but the github username is 'lantus' for those curious.

I'm having a weird issue attempting to compile it. This is the first switch homebrew using switch-SDL2 that I've tried to compile so it's possible that my dev setup just isn't quite right but I figured I'd post it here & see if anyone has any insight:

/opt/devkitpro/portlibs/switch/lib/libSDL2.a(SDL_systhread.o): In function `SDL_ThreadID':
/home/davem/projects/devkitpro/pacman-packages/switch/SDL2/src/SDL2-2.0.8/src/thread/switch/SDL_systhread.c:66: undefined reference to `svcGetThreadId'
/opt/devkitpro/portlibs/switch/lib/libSDL2.a(SDL_systhread.o): In function `SDL_SYS_SetThreadPriority':
/home/davem/projects/devkitpro/pacman-packages/switch/SDL2/src/SDL2-2.0.8/src/thread/switch/SDL_systhread.c:97: undefined reference to `svcSetThreadPriority'

hmm that is strange, i use the same libs. Let me see whats up

Reactions: yesimnathan

DollyWhipDoll

Royalty & Unbothered. LMFAO!!! ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wasn't around the Xbox for the beginning of the scene, but around a month ago I discovered that interesting video on your YouTube channel about the work you did for it!

cpasjuste

Trophies
XP
Country
France

You need to update libnx.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

LANTUS!! Big fan mate. Awesome to see you working on Switch stuff now. Followed you during the Xbox/360 scene :) Wow with you and Ced2911 all we need is a Gligli then we'd have the Emulator masters together :P
Was working with Ced too, "unfortunately" most of my releases where anonymous back in that time ;)

MVG

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Was working with Ced too, "unfortunately" most of my releases where anonymous back in that time ;)

i remember you man. good to see you! thanks for the tip about libnx :)

yesimnathan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Ahh yep, that did it! Thanks so much for the help! Odd, I had originally installed libnx from the devkitpro pacman packages I thought... but pacman wasn't aware of it. I had to blow away the files & reinstall.

I've gotten it to compile but now I can't seem to get it to launch - just launches to a black screen. I dropped the arcade roms in a 'roms' folder. I should just need the cannonball.nro and roms dir with the roms in it right? Directory structure is /switch/cannonball.nro & /switch/roms/*. I also made sure that I had all of the files mentioned in the roms/roms.txt file (except for the extra japanese tracks). Maybe I'm missing something else?

MVG

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ahh yep, that did it! Thanks so much for the help! Odd, I had originally installed libnx from the devkitpro pacman packages I thought... but pacman wasn't aware of it. I had to blow away the files & reinstall.

I've gotten it to compile but now I can't seem to get it to launch - just launches to a black screen. I dropped the arcade roms in a 'roms' folder. I should just need the cannonball.nro and roms dir with the roms in it right? Directory structure is /switch/cannonball.nro & /switch/roms/*. I also made sure that I had all of the files mentioned in the roms/roms.txt file (except for the extra japanese tracks). Maybe I'm missing something else?

you also need tilemap.bin and tilepatch.bin in /res

Mnecraft368

I hate my name.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I wasn't around the Xbox for the beginning of the scene, but around a month ago I discovered that interesting video on your YouTube channel about the work you did for it!

I also saw that video not too long ago.
Nice to see someone talented coming to the switch! I hope you do great things @OP!

yesimnathan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you also need tilemap.bin and tilepatch.bin in /res
Ahh I see. I gave that a try but I'm oddly still just getting a black screen. Those files should go in /switch/res/ on the SD card & not /switch/roms right? Is there something else I'm missing perhaps? Thanks for the help by the way & sorry for the pestering!

Mnecraft368

I hate my name.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ahh I see. I gave that a try but I'm oddly still just getting a black screen. Those files should go in /switch/res/ on the SD card & not /switch/roms right? Is there something else I'm missing perhaps? Thanks for the help by the way & sorry for the pestering!
Pretty sure he ment *root*/res

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: i tell ya what, i could go for a fuckin gyro right about now