Hacking can you update a wii u if a wii ios is installed in vwii?

super mario 128

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was reading a other thread that say you can't update your wii u if you have a wii ios installed in the vwii. Is that true? Because the other thread had no answer.

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No its not true, as far as I'm aware (and I might be wrong) if there updated vwii iOS files they will just be overwritten with the updated files

super mario 128

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I read about it on thread talking about wii u update error code (162-0002) someone say that error code comes up when you update your wii u if you have wii ioses installed on the vwii.

Obveron

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So far, there has been no problems with all past and current updates. It's a major point of discussion after every update, and each time it has been verified safe. No idea what the future will hold.

super mario 128

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So far, there has been no problems with all past and current updates. It's a major point of discussion after every update, and each time it has been verified safe. No idea what the future will hold.
On another thread M tha MaN says you can't update if you have wii ioses installed on your vwii he says your get error code (162-0002). I don't know if that's right. if you update your wii u it overwrite wii ioses right and restore them to vwii ioses he says there different and they won't update wii isoes. But it doesn't update them it OVERWRITES them and isn't error code (162-0002) cause by wii to wii u transfer or something like that? Do you know or know anybody who knows about this? Because I need to know.

GorTesK

Mad Hatter
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
http://gbatemp.net/threads/basic-dos-and-do-nots-of-vwii-modding.339337/
never install a Wii IOS on vWii or a vWii IOS on a Wii, unless you really, seriously, know what the hell you are messing with there... so basically, don't or you might brick your vWii

what you probably meant, was to ask, if you could update your WiiU, if you installed vWii game IOS, patched IOS, or cIOS into unused slots in order to enable backup playing or homebrew for your vWii... yes you can safely update your WiiU, if you successfully followed one of the guides in this forum to do those modifications to your vWii

super mario 128

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://gbatemp.net/threads/basic-dos-and-do-nots-of-vwii-modding.339337/
never install a Wii IOS on vWii or a vWii IOS on a Wii, unless you really, seriously, know what the hell you are messing with there... so basically, don't or you might brick your vWii

what you probably meant, was to ask, if you could update your WiiU, if you installed vWii game IOS, patched IOS, or cIOS into unused slots in order to enable backup playing or homebrew for your vWii... yes you can safely update your WiiU, if you successfully followed one of the guides in this forum to do those modifications to your vWii
No I didn't mean that I have wii ioses installed on my vwii and I can't fix it now because I need a game exploit and I want to know if you can update with wii ioses installed

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021 +1