ROM Hack Can you swap pokemon save file from another n3ds if the NID is the save

Madein

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Last year my n3ds got damaged to the point of non recovery, nintendo sent it back to me saying they could not retreive any information on it. I bought a new n3ds and nintendo gave me back my nindento ID to link it to my new n3ds. However, my pokemon X and Omega Ruby save files were lost because they were digital copies. Now I have a homebrewed n3ds and I just got a flash of genius but I would like to check with you if it is possible to do this. Can I get back my pokemon save files from my dead n3ds's SD card by extracting the saves using savemanager on my homebrewed 3ds, then copying the file to my current n3ds sd card, and then importing it to my current n3ds pokemon x digital copy?

Would that work since I have the same Nintendo ID as before?

I hope I am clear.

Thanks a lot

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it is a digital copy, then there is not really anything you can do. Save files are bound to nand specific values which are generated during initialization of the console.

Madein

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh well, thank you for the answer. Damn, it is so frustrating to know that my Save files are there but are unusable.

Cralex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah... When you have the heart to start again, use JK's save manager to backup your saves. They won't be tied to your specific device.

Reactions: ih8ih8sn0w

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night