Can you swap pokemon save file from another n3ds if the NID is the save

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by Madein, Aug 24, 2016.

1. Madein
    OP

Madein Member

Newcomer
    Aug 24, 2016
    Canada
    Last year my n3ds got damaged to the point of non recovery, nintendo sent it back to me saying they could not retreive any information on it. I bought a new n3ds and nintendo gave me back my nindento ID to link it to my new n3ds. However, my pokemon X and Omega Ruby save files were lost because they were digital copies. Now I have a homebrewed n3ds and I just got a flash of genius but I would like to check with you if it is possible to do this. Can I get back my pokemon save files from my dead n3ds's SD card by extracting the saves using savemanager on my homebrewed 3ds, then copying the file to my current n3ds sd card, and then importing it to my current n3ds pokemon x digital copy?

Would that work since I have the same Nintendo ID as before?

I hope I am clear.

Thanks a lot

2. ih8ih8sn0w

ih8ih8sn0w Koreaboo

Aug 22, 2015
    United States
    Hell
    If it is a digital copy, then there is not really anything you can do. Save files are bound to nand specific values which are generated during initialization of the console.

3. Madein
    OP

Madein Member

Newcomer
    Aug 24, 2016
    Canada
    Oh well, thank you for the answer. Damn, it is so frustrating to know that my Save files are there but are unusable.

4. Cralex

Cralex GBAtemp Regular

Jul 29, 2016
    United States
    Yeah... When you have the heart to start again, use JK's save manager to backup your saves. They won't be tied to your specific device.

ih8ih8sn0w likes this.