Gaming Can you register your account of a banned switch on a new console?

legoinventeor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi everyone

I've been thinking of getting a new switch, since the one I currently have got banned. I wanted to know if registering my account of the banned on a new console will possibly ban it too. I wanted to keep the two games I had bought on the console, animal crossing and good job. Is there any danger in doing this? Can I later unlink or format the banned console to remove the account from it entirely?
Thank you for your answers!

narzz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
So did you managed to unlink your account? My console just got banned too and i bought most of my game digital,. So i was really hoping to be able to use my old account for new switch if my account doesnt get banned

LeyendaV

The One and Only
Trophies
Website
heylink.me
XP
Country
Argentina
Hi everyone

I've been thinking of getting a new switch, since the one I currently have got banned. I wanted to know if registering my account of the banned on a new console will possibly ban it too. I wanted to keep the two games I had bought on the console, animal crossing and good job. Is there any danger in doing this? Can I later unlink or format the banned console to remove the account from it entirely?
Thank you for your answers!
Nintendo accounts and consoles are two completely different things when it comes to management. You can keep your account on the banned console and use it on a non-banned, vanilla Switch as well and nothing will happen.

Reactions: ravj17

legoinventeor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I can't really test this now since I have not bought a new switch, but thanks a lot!
Is there a way to log out of the account from the banned switch to remove it entirely?
So did you managed to unlink your account? My console just got banned too and i bought most of my game digital,. So i was really hoping to be able to use my old account for new switch if my account doesnt get banned

Joshifer34

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It works. I bought a lite for this reason. Just unlink the banned one and activate the new one as primary and your games should appear in the shop.

Reactions: legoinventeor

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Overclock your PS3!!! lol