Can you redeem an event code after you obtained the same event through Power Saves 1st?

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by CLOUD9RED, Feb 6, 2016.

1. CLOUD9RED
    OP

CLOUD9RED GBAtemp Regular

Feb 2, 2016
    Swaziland
    On one of my Pokemon games I've used the PS to obtain the event Mew... Now I'm wondering if I can still redeem the code of that pokemon in the same game?

2. Queno138

Queno138 Ravens

Sep 18, 2010
    Senegal
    Luigi's Dark Mansion
    Nope.

The alternative is, if you have backed up a save before you collected the code from PS,
    you can revert to that save. edit: They usually auto save before adding codes on.

However, do know that the server logs the entry.
    So even if you had another code, you won't be able to collect Mew again with the same cartridge.

Last edited by Queno138, Feb 6, 2016
  3. CLOUD9RED
    OP

Feb 2, 2016
    Swaziland
    Thank you, well plan B was going back to an earlier save and to see if that works. I'll update on it after I've tried.

4. CLOUD9RED
    OP

Feb 2, 2016
    Swaziland
    update: it worked going back to an earlier back-up file.

5. koyuki38

koyuki38 GBAtemp Fan

Nov 2, 2015
    France
    The way to redeem another pokémon with the same code is to backup/restore your save right before you redeem the pokémon to the NPC.

Both pokémon won't have the same nature/IV, so you can consider them as no clone , and no hack if you get them via official way.

\o/

Last edited by koyuki38, Feb 9, 2016
  6. CLOUD9RED
    OP

Feb 2, 2016
    Swaziland
    Yes I figured that out too. I think some people are calling it 'save file abuse' or something like that :) I call that: smart :D

7. nero99

nero99 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 18, 2014
    United States
    You could have just stuck your save in pkhex and went to the wc6 section and deleted the obtained file. Which still lets you keep the Pokemon and then use the actual code. Do this as many time as you want (only if you have a save file manager for CFW or homebrew).