Hacking Question CAN you install a CFW to the Switch Lite?

  • Thread starter Thread starter kerbmario
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 13,277
  • Replies Replies 10

kerbmario

Member
Newcomer
Joined
Sep 14, 2021
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Trophies
0
Age
27
XP
100
Country
Germany
Because without a ModChip u cant access RCM, and u need it, so is it possible to install CFW without a mod chip on my scwith lite
 
how much is it like 6$
im pretty poor right now
The modchips are very difficult to install and require someone who is quite experienced with soldering. The modchips themselves are around $150-200. At this point in time its not really feasible, especially for a console that costs about the same amount as a modchip. Your best option would be to sell your current switch and try to buy a V1 unpatched switch if you are wanting CFW.
 
The modchips are very difficult to install and require someone who is quite experienced with soldering. The modchips themselves are around $150-200. At this point in time its not really feasible, especially for a console that costs about the same amount as a modchip. Your best option would be to sell your current switch and try to buy a V1 unpatched switch if you are wanting CFW.
They aren't that much anymore
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003707570771.html
I've seen hwfly go for like 6$ even on other sites too.
Turns out this was a mistake on my end.
As for the skill level, they aren't easiest to install and obviously not even close to as easy a Jig on an older system. Although, I am not sure how cheaply you can find an older Switch as it seems most unpatched are going about 250$ on eBay for console only. That can add a lot of additional expenses, but I guess that might be worth it for how easy a jig really is
 
Last edited by The Catboy,
They aren't that much anymore
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003707570771.html
I've seen hwfly go for like 6$ even on other sites too. As for the skill level, they aren't easiest to install and obviously not even close to as easy a Jig on an older system. Although, I am not sure how cheaply you can find an older Switch as it seems most unpatched are going about 250$ on eBay for console only. That can add a lot of additional expenses, but I guess that might be worth it for how easy a jig really is
That isn't the modchip. That's only some adapter boards for the install of the modchip.
 
  • Like
Reactions: binkinator
That isn't the modchip. That's only some adapter boards for the install of the modchip.
Ah, that's actually my mistake, and looks like they are about 120$. That's my bad, I am not normally looking into these prices and only went off what I could find, turns out I needed to do a little more digging. I appreciate the correction and I will keep that noted for next time.
 

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted