Can wii u games be installed to the SD CARD?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Maluma, Dec 21, 2016.

1. Maluma
    OP

Maluma GBAtemp Regular

Sep 26, 2016
    United States
    I bought my 64gb sd card for loadiine at the time,is there anyway I could install the wuds on the SDcard instead of having to purchase a usb drive?

2. Omegadrien

Omegadrien GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Nov 4, 2015
    France
    Pokéland
    You can't install wii u games into an SD card.
    You have to use a HDD or an USB, or the internal memory of your wii u (NAND).

edit: by installing wuds, you meant installing game with wupinstaller, right?

Last edited by Omegadrien, Dec 21, 2016
  3. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    Not right now. And you don't install WUDs. You need to use Wii U Helper or uTicketdownloader to download the games from NUS. They come in the form of a bunch of files that you copy to the "install" folder on your SD and install with WUP Installer.

4. anakinvm

anakinvm Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 30, 2008
    United States
    you can try using the sd card with a card reader plugged to an usb port, it should work as an usb drive but it might be a bit slow I guess.

5. lebrawurschd

lebrawurschd GBAtemp Regular

Jan 1, 2016
    Gambia, The
    the usb reader method could work thats how ive played wii and gamecube isos on vwii (long before browser exploit)

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

but you would need an extra sd to store youre homebrew on it and with enough free space to have the files you want to install on it

6. Maluma
    OP

Maluma GBAtemp Regular

Sep 26, 2016
    United States
    Yeah thats what I meant lol. But I will try the usb reader thing.

7. Dumperpreneur

Dumperpreneur Member

Newcomer
    Dec 21, 2016
    United States
    I use a 128 GB MicroSD card in a USB card reader, and it works quite nicely. If that does not work for whatever reason, there's always Loadiine for titles without good online features.