Can we have some sort of rendering for DS or 3DS games?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Bolt23, May 22, 2017.

1. Bolt23
    OP

Bolt23 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 5, 2017
    India
    Your mother's house
    As the games played on 3ds are horribly jaggied so can we have an alternative for some rendering that make the edges smooth such as in emulators (16-Bit Filtering in GpSp on PSP makes it look quite neat than normal) each sort of emulator has that, plus there is no performance degrading factor that will cause a drop in FPS. This is possible through payloads for TWL (@Robz8 and @ApacheThunder, the whole DS Community has faith in you) and for CTR (Luma 3DS' Render+AA function like that of Clock+L2) (@AuroraWright and @TuxSH, you both have the skills to do this). The conclusion is that the benefits that B9S has over A9LH is that devs can easily programme and exploit the system to higher capabilities. This thread was not created for troubling the devs pr for taking any bullshit from you idiots who will be swearing at this post unnecessarily. Mind It!

2. skullkeeper94

skullkeeper94 Professional USB Corrupter

Jun 21, 2016
    United States
    What's the question in dummy form? My brain doesn't comprehend :ha::rofl2:

3. nero99

nero99 GBAtemp Addict

Sep 18, 2014
    United States
    Basically they want a way to make games look smooth on the twl loader. Also, this thread is pointless. Just because devs have the ability to do so, does not mean they will just because OP wants it done.

Joel16, nobody231 and B_E_P_I_S_M_A_N like this.
  4. skullkeeper94

skullkeeper94 Professional USB Corrupter

Jun 21, 2016
    United States
    Does that whole "hold start+select when booting" thing work? I can't remember the buttons exactly, but I did it with my DSTWO. My only complaint is, ya know, it's SMALL

5. Zidapi

Zidapi GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 1, 2002
    If my memory is correct, @smealum has suggested it should be possible, it's finding a dev driven to making it happen that's the problem.

6. Yepi69

Yepi69 Vivid and busy gamer

Nov 29, 2010
    Portugal
    Behind you
    It would be possible with a modified TWLNand but even so you're running games in DS mode, so it's quite limited since the 3DS's processor doesn't have access to anything while in DS mode.

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk

7. V0ltr0n

V0ltr0n GBAtemp Fan

Jan 5, 2016
    United States
    Nintendo would tell you it's a "feature". After all, jaggies are Nintendo's "thing". /s

pixelmasher likes this.
  8. Bolt23
    OP

Bolt23 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 5, 2017
    India
    Your mother's house
    Really? Then it is awesome!

9. blackbubble

blackbubble Member

Newcomer
    Mar 7, 2013
    Thailand
    nds games on this japanese version of desmume (X432R) are rendered and it looks awesome, but is due to upscaling and opengl + filters, and is still computer heavy.