Homebrew Can we downgrade the N3DS browser?

Vappy

Trophies
XP
Country
Unless I'm misreading, I think the OP is specifically asking for a way to use a loadcode compatible version of spider on n3DS for all the neat thigns that were made with that. I don't think I've seen anyone successfully boot spider on an n3DS, so if it is possible, no-one's pulled it off yet.
But, we can use spider when downgrading to 2.1 for OTP retrieval, because downgrading to 2.1 replaces all the n3DS specific titles with o3DS ones. At 2.1 your n3DS essentially IS an o3DS, at least in software, which is why it can run spider.

shaneod

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't see how this OP is difficult to understand at all. Specific browser versions for the 3ds had specific exploits, no? The userland exploits were found in the browser, and then a new browser update was made, so the OP is simply asking if he can put an older firmware's browser on a newer firmware.

Reactions: Angelcraft

Angelcraft

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
thanks!!!
I don't see how this OP is difficult to understand at all. Specific browser versions for the 3ds had specific exploits, no? The userland exploits were found in the browser, and then a new browser update was made, so the OP is simply asking if he can put an older firmware's browser on a newer firmware.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Badically no, the n3ds is not designed to look for the o3ds browser so its not just as simple as installing the o3ds browser, it *may* be technically possible with some modifications like spoofing spider as skater or patching the home menu (or whatever manages what applets are used) to load up spider instead, but honestly ntr is a more feasible cheating option than spider if only people would be bothered moving on from spider

Why would you want an older browser version, though?
If you're on a firmware without browserhax you should just downgrade.
I think he wants it for spider cheats only

Reactions: Angelcraft

Margen67

Dirty entited pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Badically no, the n3ds is not designed to look for the o3ds browser so its not just as simple as installing the o3ds browser, it *may* be technically possible with some modifications
What if you launched it from FBI or something?
ntr is a more feasible cheating option than spider if only people would be bothered moving on from spider
Maybe he wants to use cheats online?

Last edited by Margen67,

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
What if you launched it from FBI or something?
Well its not a app so its not really designed to run like that, and also to use it for runnig spider cheats you would have no choice but to find a way to run it from the home menu as the game has to be running at the same time for the patches to work so if you launvh via fbi/dev menu you would need to exit the game to launch it

I guess one way if he really really really wants to run spider hacks he might be able to make a seperate SD with a downgraded emunand on it for exclusive use with spider cheats

Last edited by gamesquest1,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: https://youtube.com/watch?v=Y23PPkftXIY