ROM Hack Can we change aspect ratio on VC games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xdarkmario

Philosopher
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well now that we have the ability to edit and make .CIA's for 3ds i was wondering if we can force mod the aspect ratio on the Virtual Classics. i would love to have stretched fullscreen on 3ds VC games seeing how nintendo dosent allow you to do that can we?

SLiV3R

3DS Friend Code: 0473-9069-2206
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
No we cant :(

the only screen tweaking I know about is the GBA native resolution one. (Press start + select when booting a gba rom)

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
it depends, on GB/GBC/NES...yeah you can, on GBA, nope

in regards to GB/C and NES its just a matter of editing the config.ini file located in the romfs to use the full screen resolution
o depending on the rom you intend to run in full screen, make this adjustment in the config.ini file found in the RomFS of your decrypted rom, find the header for the system you are wanting to full screen i.e [NES][GBC]
once at the correct header the options underneath let you toggle various features so for example setting the "Width" to 400 on all systems will make the game play in fullscreen

Reactions: TSP184 and SLiV3R
D

Deleted-355425

I thought the gba games look spot on with the XL with regards aspect ratio.

xdarkmario

Philosopher
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fullscreen.png

xdarkmario

Philosopher
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
everyone has their taste and tolerance i just HATE black borders! i brought a N3ds xl (and previously a o3ds XL) for the bigger screen for a reason, not to play a scaled game. if you have a non XL 3ds HA! you might as well play the game boy micro!

for now im not really doing any VC until us gateway users get EMUnand Patched AGB_FIRM support. but when we do i want to play FULLSCREEN gba games and other VC fullscreen games.
the very least i can take is at least 16:9 stretched with small black borders but the 4:3 square drives me crazy!

Reactions: RockyDuran

NyaakoXD

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
everyone has their taste and tolerance i just HATE black borders! i brought a N3ds xl (and previously a o3ds XL) for the bigger screen for a reason, not to play a scaled game. if you have a non XL 3ds HA! you might as well play the game boy micro!

for now im not really doing any VC until us gateway users get EMUnand Patched AGB_FIRM support. but when we do i want to play FULLSCREEN gba games and other VC fullscreen games.
the very least i can take is at least 16:9 stretched with small black borders but the 4:3 square drives me crazy!
Then you might as well just wait for CitrAGB to become available in .cia format for fullscreen support for GBA roms. :P

xdarkmario

Philosopher
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then you might as well just wait for CitrAGB to become available in .cia format for fullscreen support for GBA roms. :P
CitrAGB development is not moving -__- for all i know the dev is MIA.
i bet further modding of the AGB_FIRM WILL allow fullscreen.
:toot:(promoted to GBA temp FAN!)

Last edited by xdarkmario,

NyaakoXD

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the last thing i heard was some CIA support but that never came...
but without some old devs from gpsp gba may prove to be very hard to emulate on 3ds alone
Hm, so it seems getting it ported to .cia is going to be a bit tricky. Tried getting it running yesterday but ran into some strange issues where writing to certain parts of the display would cause it to crash (as to why, I have no idea). Also wasn't able to get it to ARM11 kernel properly on versions above 9.2, so I'll have to look into that. Probably won't be able to get anywhere at least until I finish my finals on Thursday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: S3X