Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
MarioBrotha said:
Hakoda said:
MarioBrotha said:
Ok, I read through your last edited post and you`re telling me I can download the windows 7 repair disc from the internet, burn in onto a USB stick, and fix my boot problems.
Sounds good, though you didn`t tell me how I can put the .iso file with the windiws 7 repair stuff onto my USB stick, how can I do that?
Using EasyBCD on you WIn 2000 computer. Install it on Win 2000 and under the "Add New Entries" button you'll find a tab that says "ISO Boot". Load the Win 7 Recovery Disc and select your USB. Also check "Force Portable Entry" if possible. It should create a bootable Win 7 Recovery Disc. Boot from that onto your netbook and follow the guide linked in my last post.
Ok I`m going to try this, thought with my uber slow network (now the one on my sig) its going to take a while to download the .iso file
Nah the Recovery Discs are hosted by the NeoSmart servers so it should be pretty fast.

MarioBrotha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am getting some errors when I start EasyBCD.
First it sayd something about a mising mscoree.dll file. After I went to dll-files.com and downloaded it, I got an error saying that I needed windows .net framework. After I finished installing that, I get these errors:

The procedure entry point GetRequested RuntimeInfo could not be located in the dynamic link library mscoree.dll

After I click ok on that error, I get another one:

C:/WINNT/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v.2.0.50737/mscorwks.dll could not be loaded

Now, I could download the mscorwks.dll from dll-files.com, but how can I fix the first error?

EDIT: Crap, I just tried reinstalling and it is now not even loading, it says that it is not a valid system32 file...

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
MarioBrotha said:
First it sayd something about a mising mscoree.dll file. After I went to dll-files.com and downloaded it, I got an error saying that I needed windows .net framework. After I finished installing that, I get these errors:

The procedure entry point GetRequested RuntimeInfo could not be located in the dynamic link library mscoree.dll

Now, I could download the mscorwks.dll from dll-files.com, but how can I fix the first error?

EDIT: Crap, I just tried reinstalling and it is now not even loading, it says that it is not a valid system32 file...
Okay so forget EasyBCD for using it to make the ISO bootable on a USB. You'll use it to add XP to the boot manager once your in Win 7. I've found a very-easily overlooked way of getting the ISO to boot. Install some sort of archive tool like 7-Zip or WinRAR. Extract the contents of the ISO and copy it into a FAT32 formatted USB and then boot via USB. I've tried this and it worked.

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Dude, I posted a way to make a bootable Windows 7 USB a couple of posts back. If you have the Win 7 ISO use that tool and make a bootable USB.

The boot.ini for XP and 2000 do not work with Windows 7. Those are the boot parameters that are set only for XP and 2000.

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Jiggah said:
Dude, I posted a way to make a bootable Windows 7 USB a couple of posts back. If you have the Win 7 ISO use that tool and make a bootable USB.

The boot.ini for XP and 2000 do not work with Windows 7. Those are the boot parameters that are set only for XP and 2000.
Did you actually try your own method? I used that tool with the Win 7 Recovery Disc and the program declared it as an invalid Windows ISO. I'm petty sure it only accepts installation ISOs which take forever to "obtain" while the Recovery Discs are small, legal, and hosted by servers via BitTorrent.

MarioBrotha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hakoda said:
MarioBrotha said:

Okay so forget EasyBCD for using it to make the ISO bootable on a USB. You'll use it to add XP to the boot manager once your in Win 7. I've found a very-easily overlooked way of getting the ISO to boot. Install some sort of archive tool like 7-Zip or WinRAR. Extract the contents of the ISO and copy it into a FAT32 formatted USB and then boot via USB. I've tried this and it worked.
That doesnt work for me, could it be because I`m using Windows 2000?

edit: just tried on my windows XP computer, that didn´t work either...

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
MarioBrotha said:
Hakoda said:
MarioBrotha said:

That doesnt work for me, could it be because I`m using Windows 2000?

edit: just tried on my windows XP computer, that didn´t work either...
Works perfectly for me. I just tried it on a spare XP computer. It booted just fine. Did you set the boot menu in the BIOS to boot USB? if so, what happens on the screen? Can I see a screenshot of your USB in Windows Explorer?

MarioBrotha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I choose to boot from the USB, it just shows a blinking cursor, and my USB drive starts to blink, meaning its being read from, but then it just goes to GRUB, which means I guess that it doesn´t find anything to boot from.

I tried twice, the first time I formatted with the windows explorer format option, the second time I tried with an HP format tool I got from the internet

edit:how do I show my pic here? photobucket doesnt work
Pic

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
MarioBrotha said:
When I choose to boot from the USB, it just shows a blinking cursor, and my USB drive starts to blink, meaning its being read from, but then it just goes to GRUB, which means I guess that it doesn´t find anything to boot from.

I tried twice, the first time I formatted with the windows explorer format option, the second time I tried with an HP format tool I got from the internet
Post a screen shot of your USB and what archive utility are you using? I'm using 7-Zip.

MarioBrotha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hakoda said:
MarioBrotha said:

Post a screen shot of your USB and what archive utility are you using? I'm using 7-Zip.
Im using this tool

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
MarioBrotha said:
Hakoda said:
MarioBrotha said:

Im using this tool
Nonono, not to format it. I don't give about what tool you use to format the USB, I mean what did you use to extract the contents of the ISO? You're suppose to extract the contents of the ISO using 7-Zip or WinRAR and copy it to the root of the USB. Should get something around this:

USB.jpg

MarioBrotha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol sorry I misread your post. I used both PowerISO and Winrar to extract the .iso, and there was no [BOOT] folder. Ima download 7-zip to see if that works

EDIT: downloadede 7-zip, and there IS a [BOOT] folder yay! lemme extract them and see if itll boot now

EDIT2: It still doesn´t want to boot. I´ve tried it on an USB stick and on a SD card reader with 2 different SD cards. On the USB it doesn´t show anything, it just goes to the GRUB loader. On the SD cards, they both said "Error de disco. Prestione una tecla" which means that there was an error on the SD card. I figured that the error was in spanish because my Windows XP that I´m using right now is in spanish, so I formatted the card with the HP format tool, and it didn´t even read it, it just went to GRUB like my usb.

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
MarioBrotha said:
What do you mean?? I use 32-bit, for all of the OSes that I use, and thats the type of files that I downlaoded
Okay just checking. I'm stumped now.

EDIT: Well I mean you could try "obtaining" a Win 7 Installation Disc (32-bit) and try Jiggah's way. Just click "Repair Computer" instead of "Install now" when you get the disc booted via USB.

MarioBrotha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hakoda said:
MarioBrotha said:
What do you mean?? I use 32-bit, for all of the OSes that I use, and thats the type of files that I downlaoded

EDIT: Well I mean you could try "obtaining" a Win 7 Installation Disc (32-bit) and try Jiggah's way. Just click "Repair Computer" instead of "Install now" when you get the disc booted via USB.
Wont I need a BIG USB drive for that?

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
MarioBrotha said:
Hakoda said:
MarioBrotha said:

Wont I need a BIG USB drive for that?
Just a 4GB USB. The 32-Bit ISO is about 2.4GB.

MarioBrotha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I only have 2GB USBs
ohnoes.png

I tried using my trustful 2GB USB that I had used to boot into Linux from, and that didn´t work either. So I can tell that either the .iso I got was corrupt, or I´m doing something wrong with copying the files over. I downloaded Super Grub Disk, and I am able to boot from it. I´m checking right now if SGD can help me now.

edit: I can now open EasyBCD from my backup computer, and I have tried to install the .iso files onto the USB, but there is no option to choose my USB drive
dry.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, but still, if I knew was gonna be that much, would have made myself. But it does look nice with name on it and all that jazz. Mine would of been plain, with hard candy sprinkles.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea we shop/ like Costco also, should of went there instead.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, We do have Costco's in the UK, but only in some areas.
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    the bakery section smells good, but I wish the ingredients list on their items were simpler
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @SylverReZ costco in the UK is only available to certain people, not everyone is eligible

- in the USA anyone is able to buy the membership
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its nice if you can afford, and have space at home, to buy in large quantities. We most!y buy TP, paper towels, that kind of stuff there
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    We're planning on getting membership cards.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I miss our dillions which was a Kroger subsidiary got turned into a juvie court house or something
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, TP? I need TP for my bunghole.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What kind of dictatorship says you can't shop at a grocery store lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I watched them last night, stupid, but still Funny after all these years.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tbf like bigonya said costs only worth it if you got a big family otherwise you're Walmart bitch
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Its as if Costco only rules on communism.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or for like big cookouts, parties, etc they good to shop, but yea if only one or two in house, Wal-Mart it is. But membership is only like $60 a year so cheap really considering.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wonder if Costco cards are global like if you go to another country and can still use it there
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Who needs a passport I got my costco port
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ask yo boyfriend Juan.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's. A Mexico port and I don't want to shop in Mexico
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You don't like donkey hot dogs?
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    What is Costco?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wholesale grocery store. Everything is in like 64 packs.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ramen bowels are better than ramen cups
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Are those like big sized ramen? Do they look like a
    bowel?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has better girth
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Has better girth