Hacking Can someone spell this out for me?

KaiBosh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey...

I have been in and out of the scene too many times to count. And with pretty well every console made and modded it is a hell of a lot of work as many of you know. Every time I jump back into the DS scene it seems I have to learn everything from scratch. Please help me...

I bought a Supercard DS-One. I regret this now because it seems that the 'patchless romz' theory is a little bit of a joke, but that is a debate for another time. My problem is that I already own a Supercard SD-Mini, which has served me very well. I want to give the SC-One to my kid to use in his DS, but I am confused about how to go about maintaining the two separate versions of my backups.

First of all, can I simply run the 258 patcher for both? Or do I have to have two different installs and patch each backup rom for the specific card I want to run it on? You can imagine how much of a mess this would result in!

What about save games? I have read people say that the saves are compatible across all the different types, that it is simply a matter of renaming the file. Is this true? I ask because I haven't seen one single verification on this on any board.

I have tried to copy patched backup romz from my archive to the SC-One and nothing shows up. This says to me that the patcher for the slot 1 solution is a completely different piece of software. Is this true?

Thanks for any info, it is not all that easy to jump in and out of this scene when stuff advances this quickly and the Supercard site as we all know is not designed to be the most clear and obvious method of determining what firmware/software/OS you need.

dOoBiX

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.icyhell.net
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
First of all, can I simply run the 258 patcher for both? Or do I have to have two different installs and patch each backup rom for the specific card I want to run it on? You can imagine how much of a mess this would result in!
No, you will have to install different patchers for each card. Yes, you have to patch each rom speficially for each card. Yes, I can imagine this mess; I have 4 versions of the SC patchers on my computer, lol. (SC:DS, SC SD, SC CF, and SC Lite).

QUOTEWhat about save games? I have read people say that the saves are compatible across all the different types, that it is simply a matter of renaming the file. Is this true? I ask because I haven't seen one single verification on this on any board.
Yes, you can use the sav file from any supercard on another supercard. The sav files on the SC DS is kind of weird though. Sometimes the sav file will be an 8 character name like NINTEN~1.sav... so if you already have a sav file that you want to use, you will have to rename it to that. Some other times, the sav file will be the same name as the rom name, like Brain Academy.sav. Remember to change .nds.sav to .sav when you use your SC mini saves on the SC DS.

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
Can someone spell this out for me?
Oh jeeze, that one is easy... T-H-I-S

Not much help I know... but the little devil in me made me do it when it saw the oh so descriptive topic title
evil.gif

KaiBosh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for the quick response. I guess I will have to plan out an obvious way of keeping everything separate. Yikes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1