Homebrew Can someone make a port of Pokemon Fusion Version as homebrew someday?

Maq47

Lord of Pyro
OP
Trophies
Website
idont.have.one
XP
Country
United States
If you want to find out what I'm talking about, then Google "TheLat" (with quotes included, second result). I am asking because it is an awesome game (a modified Pokemon Red Version, built for PC via source code, with 22801 Pokemon obtainable), and creating it would possibly breathe some life back into the Wii scene.

Wiimpathy

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yeah, gimme 2 minutes and I'll make it.

No seriously, it's not easy to port a game. You really underestimate the task.
Specifically here. It's using GL library which the Wii don't have. You'd have to rewrite all graphics code to GX. Same for input, filesystem access, probably the audio part etc.

And it's not because the game itself looks simple or is only textual that the code is simple. It's like saying old 8bits games programming was easy.
Those games were mostly coded in assembly with a lot of tricks due to the hardware limitations(and rarely a convenient click-click game engine like Unity etc.).

In short, no. Or be very patient. Or do it yourself?:)

Wiimpathy

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Great. But to my knowledge not a single wii homebrew has used this. Mostly SDL, GRRLib or GX directly.

Just saw he started an IDE. It's very cool for PC. For consoles, it's another story. Pretty hard to have most functionalities with a simple and stable gui. There was Wii game studio too... No games came from this.
I'm still impressed by the trailers. Better than hollywood movies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgCjp3-rF_Y