ROM Hack Can Someone Explain to me how to do the infolib stuff.

maddude155

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Heyy guys i have a a question........How do you guys Know what to put in the infolib file (i use ttdt and open the file then i go to add it...i put in its 4 letter game id but but then there is it's 8 number/letter id....how do u guys find out what it is?)

darkspirit456

Trophies
Website
dsmadness.wordpress.com
XP
Country
United States
First you must know the basic structure of the infolib (layout of RAM in infolib) and how to get the rom encrypted ID then you gave to learn how to debug a DS rom to get it data for infolib.

Sadly I know those but not debug... so I can't fix infolib, only extinfo...

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Im tring to look into this one myself - not much luck

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=256...t=0&start=0

Yes you do need the encrypted GameCode and ID - by making a copy of the original rom and encrypt it to use for both infolib and extinfo, eNDryptS Advanced to encrypt and r4cee to get the new gamecode and ID for use with infolib and extinfo

maddude155

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
twiztidsinz said:
maddude155 said:
no for when it has like errcode4 or errcode5 parrently that fixes it?!
You sound like bitonio6.
haha i dont know weather that is a good thing or a bad thing......and DRwhojan (think thats how yours is spelt) basicly for infolib it takes quite a bit of debugging BUT for extinfolib it doesnt?! as in you just add them(the id and 4 letter id) to the list and thats the infolib part done?! also what is savlib used for?

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
maddude155 said:
twiztidsinz said:
maddude155 said:
You sound like bitonio6.
haha i dont know weather that is a good thing or a bad thing......and DRwhojan (think thats how yours is spelt) basicly for infolib it takes quite a bit of debugging BUT for extinfolib it doesnt?! as in you just add them(the id and 4 letter id) to the list and thats the infolib part done?! also what is savlib used for?
There are three files:
savlib.dat - Set save size.
infolib.dat - Loading Speed (also helps bypass loading AP).
extinfo.dat - Bypass AntiPiracy.

savlib.dat is the easiest of the three, and I think extinfo.dat is the hardest.
With savlib.dat all you need to do is know the GameID and save size then add the info, like this:
savlib.png

I don't know much about infolib.dat and extinfo.dat, but I think with infolib.dat, you need to know how the game loads and add that info 'reversed'. For example, if the info is 1A 2B 3C 4D you'd add it as 4D 3C 2B 1A.

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
twiztidsinz said:
maddude155 said:
twiztidsinz said:
maddude155 said:
You sound like bitonio6.
There are three files:
savlib.dat - Set save size.
infolib.dat - Loading Speed (also helps bypass loading AP).
extinfo.dat - Bypass AntiPiracy.

savlib.dat is the easiest of the three, and I think extinfo.dat is the hardest.
With savlib.dat all you need to do is know the GameID and save size then add the info, like this:
savlib.png

I don't know much about infolib.dat and extinfo.dat, but I think with infolib.dat, you need to know how the game loads and add that info 'reversed'. For example, if the info is 1A 2B 3C 4D you'd add it as 4D 3C 2B 1A.

twiztidsinz

Many thanks - ill try to look into of what you have mentioned in infolib - i have may have bean looking into it in farward data mood

PS: Im also trying to update titlelist.xml for TTdT.exe at the moment - if you would like to nip in the DSTT toyshop section for retro's latest extinfo file - about quarter way done!

Chears drwhojan!

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
maddude155 said:
thanks... i really wanna find out how to do this extinfo.dat though.........

If the game done't load then extinfo.dat pather for the rom will be useless

thats infolib speedup and loader of the roms job - but also extinfo patcher can help it at times also load the game are rom

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
maddude155 said:
thanks... i really wanna find out how to do this extinfo.dat though.........
Good luck...
To make a working extinfo.dat entry, you need to know how to bypass the games AP -- essentially, it's the same as making an AP patch.
Infolib is easier, but still beyond me for how to do it.

Have you seen TTdT? It's a tool that helps to manage savlib.dat/infolib.dat/extinfo.dat files.
I worked on updating the translation for Beta2 & 3 a while back: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=218467

maddude155

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yes i happen to have TTDT also forgive the noobish question but what is a game AP???
i thought you where meaning AR (as in action replay) but now i get it must be somthin else

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
Trophies
XP
Country
maddude155 said:
yes i happen to have TTDT also forgive the noobish question but what is a game AP???
i thought you where meaning AR (as in action replay) but now i get it must be somthin else
AP is Anti-Piracy, it is what game developers add to the games to stop people pirating it, this is usually fixed with a hex edit, there are more simpler ways like an IPS patch or Rudolphs patch, Xdelta patch, but those are the same as a hex edit but they just 'inject' the fix, making it more simpler to do than hex editing.

Hope that helped.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
To add to what gifi4 said, hex Editing and Patches edits the actual game.
Menu updates (including infolib.dat and extinfo.dat) modify the game as it is loaded into memory.

They're similar, but different.

maddude155

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok so let me get this stright an infolib type fix just fixes it as it is loaded HOWEVER a hex fix fixes it an can be used on any flashcart... am i correct? also how do you guys tend to find where the AP is located?

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
maddude155 said:
Ok so let me get this stright an infolib type fix just fixes it as it is loaded HOWEVER a hex fix fixes it an can be used on any flashcart... am i correct? also how do you guys tend to find where the AP is located?
I'm not completely sure what you're getting at, but... yes (I think).
infolib.dat fixes the memory loaded in the DS, meaning nothing about the game is changed permanently. This will only work for menus that use infolib.dat
An AP Patch or hex edit fix (like you'll see with the Pokemon games) modifies the actual copy of the game. This will usually work for all carts (sometimes the game has AP that affects specific carts).

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't this data backwards is the case

Some how the DSTT are Ysmenu genrators must extract the data information from ARM9 them ARM7 inside of a ROM ....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol