Hacking Can someone create a thread about trusted SX OS modchip installers by region

Redasx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HI EVERYONE
I WANT JUST TO PRESENT MY DEEP APOLOGIES TO MODDERFOKKER619 FOR THE MISUNDERSTANDING AND MISCOMMUNICATION.... IT'S INDEED A MISTAKE OF USPS BECAUSE THEY HAVE NEVER UPDATED THEIR TRACKING.

I RECEIVED MY DAUGHTER SWITCH TODAY AND I AM SO SORRY TO BEHAVE THAT WAY... AND I WISH YOU UNDERSTAND MY SITUATION..
SO A BIG VOUCH TO

MODDERFOKKER619

AND SORRY AGAIN.

https://imageshack.com/i/pm1BqqbAj

MODDERFOKKER619 IS REALLY A TRUSTED INSTALLER... I AM SURE I WILL BE DOING BUSINESS WITH HIM SOON.

SORRY AGAIN.

iialaq01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still need someone to install this modchip. Anyone available?

@Mena can do USA installs can contact him on tx server. I would also suggest searching for local phone/computer repair shops many have good soldering skills. I found several in OKC area by just calling and asking with sharing the installation procedure from TX website

Reactions: Broduskii

jojo319

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will no longer be offering services

To anyone having issues with carrier contact them with any questions as I'm not USPS etc

If I have anything that belongs to you PM to get it back ASAP

I sent you a PM, and it still shows it hasn't even been read. You still have my friend's Switch (all communication was done through me). Please let me know. Thank you.

Turbinetester

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, i'm still having trouble booting up my switch reliably. I've suspected my experience is not what's typical after a mod and now i'm sure i'm having trouble. Yesterday I was able to get into emuNAND by using the following boot method

Holding down power for about 1 sec:
Blue then green LED on back, then SX OS logo, then Nintendo Logo, then Nintendo Switch JoyCon Logo, then what i suspect was normal looking CFW switch OS on SX OS with Album, Tinfoil etc.

That was until jsut now. I was copying lockpic files off the sd card and copying some games to my sd card then reinserted to the Switch and now i'm having big problems.

Here is the results i get from pressing power button in different ways this morning.

ROUND 1
With SD Card inserted:
Single short press,: Blue then green LED on the back, then BOOT.DAT screen.
---Follow up Single Short Press Turn Unit off

1 Second Button Press: Blue then green LED, the SX OS Logo, then Nintendo Logo, then Nintendo Switch (JoyCon) Logo, now i'm getting stuck at the JoyCon Logo. Only way to get off this is to hold power for 12 seconds and "reset".

Press Power/Vol+ get brief blue and green LED lights and then it shuts off. No longer goes to SX Core menu

Without SD Card Inserted:
Single short press: Blue then green LED on the back, then BOOT.DAT screen.

1 Second Button Press: Blue then green LED, the SX OS Logo, then Nintendo Logo, then Nintendo Switch (JoyCon) Logo, now i'm getting stuck at the JoyCon Logo. Only way to get off this is to hold power for 12 seconds and "reset".

Power/Vol+:get brief blue and green LED lights and then it shuts off. No longer goes to CX Core menu

Now ROUND 2:
All i did was power off the switch and put the sd card back in my PC card reader, check to make sure the card was readable in the PC and reinsert in the Switch.

Single short press,: Blue then green LED, then SX OS Logo, then Nintendo Logo, then Nintendo Switch (JoyCon) Logo, now i'm getting stuck at the JoyCon Logo. Only way to get off this is to hold power for 12 seconds and "reset".

Single short Press again: Blue then green LED, BOOT.DAT logo, single short press turn power back off.

Single short Press again: Blue then green LED, SX OS logo, then Nintendo Logo, then Nintendo Switch (JoyCon) Logo, now i'm getting stuck at the JoyCon Logo. Only way to get off this is to hold power for 12 seconds and "reset".

Hold Vol+ and Short press Power Button: Blue then green LED, SX OS logo, then Nintendo Logo, then Nintendo Switch (JoyCon) Logo, now i'm getting stuck at the JoyCon Logo. Only way to get off this is to hold power for 12 seconds and "reset".

Hold Vol+/Press Power for 1 sec:Blue then green LEDBOOT.DAT logo, single short press turn power back off.

Hold Vol+/Press Power Until Green LED is Lit: SX OS logo, then Nintendo Logo, then Nintendo Switch (JoyCon) Logo, now i'm getting stuck at the JoyCon Logo. Only way to get off this is to hold power for 12 seconds and "reset".

So now i'm stuck with a SWITCH that i cannot boot into SX Core menu, emuNAND, CFW or OFW.

Is it possible something is wrong with the install that @ModderFokker619 did for me?
Even though i can read the SD Card Completely when inserted into my PC is it possible my Patriot 512GB SD Card is orrupted?
Is it possible the SD Card reader on the Switch did not get correctly reattached?
Is there a way to test for a corrupted SD Card?
Any help or advice is appreciated.

Last edited by Turbinetester,
Reactions: Deleted User

iialaq01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, i'm still having trouble booting up my switch reliably. I've suspected my experience is not what's typical after a mod and now i'm sure i'm having trouble. Yesterday I was able to get into emuNAND by using the following boot method

Blue then green LED on back, then SX OS logo, then Nintendo Logo, then Nintendo Switch JoyCon Logo, then what i suspect was normal looking CFW switch OS on SX OS with Album, Tinfoil etc.

That was until jsut now. I was copying lockpic files off the sd card and copying some games to my sd card then reinserted to the Switch and now i'm having big problems.

Here is the results i get from pressing power button in different ways this morning.

ROUND 1
With SD Card inserted:

Press Power/Vol+ get brief blue and green LED lights and then it shuts off. No longer goes to SX Core menu

Power/Vol+:get brief blue and green LED lights and then it shuts off. No longer goes to CX Core menu

Now ROUND 2:
All i did was power off the switch and put the sd card back in my PC card reader, check to make sure the card was readable in the PC and reinsert in the Switch.

Single short press,: Blue then green LED, then SX OS Logo, then Nintendo Logo, then Nintendo Switch (JoyCon) Logo, now i'm getting stuck at the JoyCon Logo. Only way to get off this is to hold power for 12 seconds and "reset".

Single short Press again: Blue then green LED, BOOT.DAT logo, single short press turn power back off.

Single short Press again: Blue then green LED, SX OS logo, then Nintendo Logo, then Nintendo Switch (JoyCon) Logo, now i'm getting stuck at the JoyCon Logo. Only way to get off this is to hold power for 12 seconds and "reset".

Hold Vol+ and Short press Power Button: Blue then green LED, SX OS logo, then Nintendo Logo, then Nintendo Switch (JoyCon) Logo, now i'm getting stuck at the JoyCon Logo. Only way to get off this is to hold power for 12 seconds and "reset".

Hold Vol+/Press Power for 1 sec:Blue then green LEDBOOT.DAT logo, single short press turn power back off.

Hold Vol+/Press Power Until Green LED is Lit: SX OS logo, then Nintendo Logo, then Nintendo Switch (JoyCon) Logo, now i'm getting stuck at the JoyCon Logo. Only way to get off this is to hold power for 12 seconds and "reset".

So now i'm stuck with a SWITCH that i cannot boot into SX Core menu, emuNAND, CFW or OFW.

Is it possible something is wrong with the install that @ModderFokker619 did for me?
Even though i can read the SD Card Completely when inserted into my PC is it possible my Patriot 512GB SD Card is orrupted?
Is it possible the SD Card reader on the Switch did not get correctly reattached?
@ModderFokker619 installation has nothing to do with it. I also experienced same issues with the unpatched when I had lower quality SD card. Use SandDisk ultra and make sure you format to Fat32.

Reactions: Redasx

MassStash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a great installer!

Shoot me a message if you're interested [emoji6]
2ecee0755d6af349a31c0858b3908aaa.jpg
7eb2ca6e0999502a1c47d75ad683394e.jpg
bf981e578bef5c4df701e3bb87106632.jpg
db0a0e30ebbb39da4d10072bf70a0b8e.jpg

Sent from my HTC U12+ using Tapatalk

Last edited by MassStash,

Turbinetester

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ModderFokker619 installation has nothing to do with it. I also experienced same issues with the unpatched when I had lower quality SD card. Use SandDisk ultra and make sure you format to Fat32.

K I did that today and got a 128GB Sandisk Ultra and formatted to Fat32. It’s working again.!!! Is there something wrong with using the Patriot 512GB as long as I do Fat32?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

Deleted User

@Thejigmaster

Be careful dealing with this clown
K I did that today and got a 128GB Sandisk Ultra and formatted to Fat32. It’s working again.!!! Is there something wrong with using the Patriot 512GB as long as I do Fat32?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those Patriots are best cards I have tried so far - 100% Emunand rate and same transfer speeds as other brands best. Def not a bad SD.

TX SX OS has issues with some cards in certain formats. Xecuter told me they were looking into it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

ROUND 1
With SD Card inserted:

Now ROUND 2:

0 Issues on my end with install and SD Card.

Last edited by ,
Reactions: Modificatorul

Turbinetester

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those Patriots are best cards I have tried so far - 100% Emunand rate and same transfer speeds as other brands best. Def not a bad SD.

TX SX OS has issues with some cards in certain formats. Xecuter told me they were looking into it.

0 Issues on my end with install and SD Card.

@ModderFokker619 Roger you there loud and clear. I didn't mean to sound like I was accusing you. I just don't know what happened to make it not work, because I was getting the BOOT.DAT screen about 50% of the time right out of the box. It would only boot to SX OX or SX Core Menu about half of the time. Was it formatted exfat or fat32? I thought i read somewhere that you did exfat, but when i did my NAND dump it split it into 4GB files, so maybe was Fat32. Should i just log format the card with fat32 or exFAT?

Thanks again for the help.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ModderFokker619 Roger you there loud and clear. I didn't mean to sound like I was accusing you. I just don't know what happened to make it not work, because I was getting the BOOT.DAT screen about 50% of the time right out of the box. It would only boot to SX OX or SX Core Menu about half of the time. Was it formatted exfat or fat32? I thought i read somewhere that you did exfat, but when i did my NAND dump it split it into 4GB files, so maybe was Fat32. Should i just log format the card with fat32 or exFAT?

Thanks again for the help.
[/QUOTE]

Go with FAT32.

Turbinetester

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry that should have read "Should I just long format the card with Fat32 or exFAT" i tried doing a long format with guiformat to fat32 and after 3 hours was 0% into the process. I said forget it and just did a quickformat in the end. I'm starting the process over on this Patriot card from scratch, installing SXOS Beta 3.0.4 from the sx site. I'm not sure what i could have done to corrupt the card. I'm very careful to only remove cards when devices are fully powered down, and when connected to the PC i always do an eject operation, let it complete, and then unplug the card reader to be sure it is fully powered down, before i remove the card from the reader.

MassStash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a good start is not showing a cold solder joint on a v1

and also advertising an actual business not the best idea
What looks bad and cold to you? Everything there is bueno, and works.... No cold joint, only warm af [emoji6]

Sent from my HTC U12+ using Tapatalk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think they stopped making it due to disks exploding lol +1