What should you do if your Switch isn't glitching after installing a modchip?

toolazytosearchitmyself

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I gave my OLED Switch and HWFLY 4.0 modchip to an installer then contacted him over a week later because it's taking a long time. He told me that he installed it but my Switch isn't glitching and he hasn't had time to check the solder points. He then advised me to contact the modchip seller and ask what to do.

I trust this guy because he installed an SX Core for me a year ago and it's still working. I'm reluctant to contact the modchip seller because I bought the chip months ago and it has (presumably) passed the refund period. At this stage I think my best option is to wait until the installer can double check the solder points and if the problem is not his installation then wait for this $3 modchip to come out.

What do you think I should do?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I gave my OLED Switch and HWFLY 4.0 modchip to an installer then contacted him over a week later because it's taking a long time. He told me that he installed it but my Switch isn't glitching and he hasn't had time to check the solder points. He then advised me to contact the modchip seller and ask what to do.

I trust this guy because he installed an SX Core for me a year ago and it's still working. I'm reluctant to contact the modchip seller because I bought the chip months ago and it has (presumably) passed the refund period. At this stage I think my best option is to wait until the installer can double check the solder points and if the problem is not his installation then wait for this $3 modchip to come out.

That’s the challenge when bringing it to someone else…you are at their mercy. Ask the seller if there’s anything that can be done (update firmware and double check solder job is likely what you will get back.) At least thet way you’ve complied with the request. Once you’ve given a little, perhaps he will give a little in return and check the soldering job.

ucupetuks

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia

check each voltage point, you can do by yourself, buy multimeter only cost 10-30$ there is lot of guide how to check solder point, mostly failed by emmc dat0
using heatgun solder, put flux around emmc and rehoot emmc 260c@1 minute
after that check the voltage again, if the value correct then, i recommend put thermalpad in emmc, after closing the emmc aluminium housing, put glue, it would held emmc if they got hot when playing dock

Last edited by ucupetuks,
Reactions: binkinator

toolazytosearchitmyself

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi! Is it possible for you to share the firmware that he used? I have difficulty to make HWFly 4.1 work on OLED, though the soldering looks fine.
Cheers
I meant to ask him when I picked it up but forgot. Not sure exactly when he can be contacted again because of the Christmas break. I gave him a 4.0, not a 4.1, modchip so the information might not help you.

Reactions: Phantomas77

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-