Hacking Can Sakura run DPG4?

Quick-zeno

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
M3 Sakura is based of Moonshell 2, and i assume that it has DPG4 support because i seen users ranting how much better Sakura plays video then Moonshel 1.71

Moonshell 2 would have the same compatibility and results as Sakura would.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Nope, from what I know it doesn't.....It should be updated to have DPG4 support, (Multimedia part of firmware should be updated) and person who should be updating is Moonlight, as M3 Team obviously updates only gaming part (ROM support) of Sakura..

Moonligh and M3 Team had some problems in the past, Moonlight felt betrayed by them, and he dropped the deal..(we're not going into that here...)

fearofshorts

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the quick response.
Well, it sucks that it uses the old format. Moonshell 2 will still run on the M3i Zero, right? Because I'm willing to boot it separately if I have to.

Rob_Threat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fearofshorts said:
Thanks for the quick response.
Well, it sucks that it uses the old format. Moonshell 2 will still run on the M3i Zero, right? Because I'm willing to boot it separately if I have to.

Sakura's native video format is GBalpha's own DSM 2.xx (currently 2.2) format (not to confused with DSM 1.xx which Sakura can't use - TouchPod ExtendMediaPlayer only). It's basically DPG3 with index bmp support and subtitle (srt, ass, ssa) support - no sub support in MS2. Sakura can handle plain DPG3 equally well, but people say it fares so-so with older DPG1&2 formats... I've deleted all my MoonShell 1.xx vids, so I can't say personally. A plus... Sakura's video playback can be screen swapped by pressing Select, which MS2 doesn't do (as of 2.0.5).

DPG4 and DPG3/DSM 2.2 are almost the same, but DPG4 seems/feels slightly smoother, and support in Sakura should be added.

I also wish GBalpha/M3 would add MoonShell 2 jpg icons, album art for MP3s, and other MS2 improvements on options/etc.

GBalpha still wants to improve Sakura on all levels... they just go at their own pace.
smile.gif

Lastly, MS2 runs great on my DSReal... it should run just as well on your Zero.

Rob_Threat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fearofshorts said:
Thanks for the excellent answer, Rob-Threat. That format sounds nearly-perfect and I'm glad to know about it.

EDIT: Typo

you're very welcome.

a lot of "old timers" forget, and new buyers don't know that M3 stands for "MoviePlayer3".

GBalpha always strives to improve media playback on their devices.

We'll get DPG4 on Sakura eventually, but until then DSM2.2 is fine (at least to me).

yaynds.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan, Remember to take your meds like AncientBoi.