Hacking can r4 use n5 firmware?

Twiggy12

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
since SO many people complain about r4 firmware not updating its dead its dead yada yada I GET IT, but the n5 is an r4 clone and the firmware basicly is too BUT since n5 is a clone that updates firmware (even if its just a bit) why cant us r4 users use n5 firmware so we still get updates?

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
YES it can use N5 kernel but .. it still has the same issues as R4 1.18 kernel of loading games ... you need to patch the N5 kernel to make it work on R4
smile.gif

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
da_head said:
Narin said:
Why not just use YSMenu?
YSmenu doesn't work for everything. sonic chronicles doesn't work for me

Really? I just set up YSmenu in my old R4 and used Sonic Chronicles to test it.......worked for me.

cpm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Twiggy12 said:
Narin said:
Why not just use YSMenu?
because i could have gotten a TT before i knew much about flashcarts and because i like the r4 menu the simple 3 buttons id rather that than a TT remake for r4 users
You haven't tried YSMenu then, it's more like it's imports the R4 look for TT
tongue.gif

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Raestloz said:
kobykaan said:
YES it can use N5 kernel but .. it still has the same issues as R4 1.18 kernel of loading games ... you need to patch the N5 kernel to make it work on R4
smile.gif
How come? Isn't N5 a clone of R4? Shouldn't it be able to run it smoothly?

not really N5 is a blatant rip off of 1.18kernel just hex edited and the themes changed ..It still suffers the same fate as R4 with games that need arm 7 patching on the R4 they also need patching on the N5 too!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim: @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit