Homebrew Can I use ftpiiU_everywhere or saviine properly without MochaCFW?

FlameEye

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I followed FlimFlam's guide all the way to step 4, installing Mocha on my redNAND (without Coldboot). It was all fine and peachy for a few weeks but unfortunately I can't boot into Mocha anymore, it will freeze on the Mocha splash screen. From what I've researched, my redNAND got corrupted and I need to redump it to get it back working. This is basically what happened to me:

https://github.com/FlimFlam69/WiiUTutorial/issues/14

I have no issue doing that if that's the only way to fix this, however, I need to create a backup of at least one of my saves that's installed on my redNAND. Now, apparently, the only way of doing that is either via saviine or ftpiiU_everywhere, both of which I can't get to work properly without running MochaCFW first. I can run ftpiiU but I can't get access to any of the directories since I'm not on a CFW.

If anyone knows any solutions or workarounds to get them working or extract my saves so I can redump, I'd really appreciate the help. :)

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I followed FlimFlam's guide all the way to step 4, installing Mocha on my redNAND (without Coldboot). It was all fine and peachy for a few weeks but unfortunately I can't boot into Mocha anymore, it will freeze on the Mocha splash screen. From what I've researched, my redNAND got corrupted and I need to redump it to get it back working. This is basically what happened to me:

https://github.com/FlimFlam69/WiiUTutorial/issues/14

I have no issue doing that if that's the only way to fix this, however, I need to create a backup of at least one of my saves that's installed on my redNAND. Now, apparently, the only way of doing that is either via saviine or ftpiiU_everywhere, both of which I can't get to work properly without running MochaCFW first. I can run ftpiiU but I can't get access to any of the directories since I'm not on a CFW.

If anyone knows any solutions or workarounds to get them working or extract my saves so I can redump, I'd really appreciate the help. :)

install haxchi with default=sysmenu. there r two ftpii everywhere's btw depending on if ur using cbhc which u said u aren't. saviine and ftpii everywhere should work with the system menu and sig patches installed.

Reactions: Jbrighton

FlameEye

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've tried both ftpiiU everywhere versions. Should I just reinstall Haxchi again? Won't I risk losing my save if I don't back it up first?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there's also sign patcher which is what sysmenu does assuming u had haxchi and didn't want to install it again. I'm not sure about saves really. I think they go with the game so usb if usb, but they may be a part of the NAND only in which case they're lost if u were using redNAND.

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As godreborn said, your save should be on the same device as your game. If you installed the game to USB, you can boot Mocha, get to Mocha's menu, turn off redNAND and continue to the system menu (you'll be on sysNAND). From there, you can run ftpiiu_everywhere and pull the save from /storage_usb/usr/save/00050000/xxxxxxxx/user.

If the game was actually installed to system storage under redNAND, your only recourse is to extract the redNAND on your PC along with your OTP and hold onto it until someone develops a generic MLC NAND file extractor.

Sorry that redNAND died on you. You should carefully consider whether you really need it before you set it up again. It might work great for many people, but things like this do happen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Overclock your PS3!!! lol