Can I trust this Site?

Defiance

oh my god.. it's full of trading cards...
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to buy a laser pointer that can light matches and pop balloons and stuff, but most sites sell them for a ridiculous amount of money. ($850 for a 200mw laser at Dragon Lasers? No thanks... >.>) Anyway, here's the site:

http://www.o-like.com/b2b_cpinfo.asp?id=926

Other than DX (which doesn't ship to the US
hate2.gif
) this is the best deal. I'm just a little concerned because they can't spell properly... (I like red lasers because there's no risk of IR and they can travel farther.)

Extreme Coder

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Egypt
Nin10doFan said:
I want to buy a laser pointer that can light matches and pop balloons and stuff, but most sites sell them for a ridiculous amount of money. ($850 for a 200mw laser at Dragon Lasers? No thanks... >.>) Anyway, here's the site:

http://www.o-like.com/b2b_cpinfo.asp?id=926

Other than DX (which doesn't ship to the US
hate2.gif
) this is the best deal. I'm just a little concerned because they can't spell properly... (I like red lasers because there's no risk of IR and they can travel farther.)
Wait, DX doesn't ship to the US?

Shakraka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DX does ship to the US; they don't ship lasers that are above 5 (or 10)mw. Actually, I am not sure what the limit is, but they certainly won't ship a 200mw laser to US as it is against the law or something.

Defiance

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
..No one, huh? Anyway, I just recently signed up for PayPal, and I have some questions for it:

Ok, say I buy something off of PayPal, Do I just give them my email, they send the money required, I log into my PayPal account and verify it? Or do I have to send my money on PayPal, and they'll ship t then? (This applies to any website.) Also, what if I verify it, give them my money, but they never ship the product? How do I report that? What if that happens here in the GBAtemp trading forum?

playallday

Group: GBAtemp Ghost
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Nin10doFan said:
Wait... What's a custom? And does anyone know any answers to my PayPal questions?
Customs are the guys who look at your mail, making sure you don't get anything that they don't allow (>5mW lasers, lockpicks, etc).

Man18

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Joe88 said:
they just dont ship laser pointers to the US anymore for some reason...
Does FDA have a mandatory limit on the power emitted by laser pointers?

Yes. Laser products promoted for pointing and demonstration purposes are limited to hazard Class IIIa by FDA regulation.

21 CFR 1040.11(b) and 1040.11Â, limit surveying, leveling, and alignment, and demonstration laser products to Class IIIa. This means that pointers are limited to 5 milliwatts output power in the visible wavelength range from 400 to 710 nanometers. There are also limits for any invisible wavelengths and for short pulses. Pointers may not exceed the accessible emission limits of CDRH Class IIIa or IEC1 Class 3R.

Defiance

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I can't pay these people with PayPal? I honestly don't trust them with my CC information... >.>

Defiance

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...Anyone? Or should I just request it in the trade forums and have them ship it to me? (It would probably take like 2 months that way...)

Defiance

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been looking at it for awhile... I've thinking about getting the 95mw Green Viper Laser from dragonlasers.com along with the safety glasses. All in all, it would probably be around $235 shipped... So what do you guys think? I would obviously be paying this with my own money.

CorruptJon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nin10doFan said:
I've been looking at it for awhile... I've thinking about getting the 95mw Green Viper Laser from dragonlasers.com along with the safety glasses. All in all, it would probably be around $235 shipped... So what do you guys think? I would obviously be paying this with my own money.
Just so you can pop balloons like a dumbass? lol, seems like a waste of money to me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: I remember you