Hacking Can I switch from eMMC to emuMMC, and what is the difference?

taffyponty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It sound like you have hidden partition emunand, you should check to see if you have a hidden emunand on the original card, do as suggested before use computer management->disk management to see the SD card partitions.
They're on the Sd card? I'm not seeing anything which indictates a hidden partition... I would post screenshots, but for some reason they get deleted/removed idk?

I've got a system partition a recovery partition, a basic data partition, a primary partition and a "healthy boot page file"

i'm seeing my computer drives, mainly my flash drive, my mass storage drive where i store most huge files.

finally i'm also seeing two "disk 0" part 1 and part 4 respectively The former being an "efi system partition" the latter a recovery partition..
i'm not familiar with those, or what they are, but neither indiciate to me a hidden partition? I can't even see any reference of where these are.. unlike the other drives.. the switch is connected via a usbc to standard usb cable which is the same one I use to transfer files over or inject a payload
Post automatically merged:

They're on the Sd card? I'm not seeing anything which indictates a hidden partition... I would post screenshots, but for some reason they get deleted/removed idk?

I've got a system partition a recovery partition, a basic data partition, a primary partition and a "healthy boot page file"

i'm seeing my computer drives, mainly my flash drive, my mass storage drive where i store most huge files.

finally i'm also seeing two "disk 0" part 1 and part 4 respectively The former being an "efi system partition" the latter a recovery partition..
i'm not familiar with those, or what they are, but neither indiciate to me a hidden partition? I can't even see any reference of where these are.. unlike the other drives.. the switch is connected via a usbc to standard usb cable which is the same one I use to transfer files over or inject a payload
I'm sure I know what all the drives are except for "disc 0" two of them I can't see any indication of a hidden partition... presumably there is info on the drive to indicate whether or not it's hidden?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Post automatically merged:

I'm sure I know what all the drives are except for "disc 0" two of them I can't see any indication of a hidden partition... presumably there is info on the drive to indicate whether or not it's hidden?

disc 0 is your computer drive so leave that alone, you need to figure out which letter drive is the SD card when you connect it to your computer, what you can try like minitool parititon wizard and see if there are unallocated space, if there are unallocated space it would mean there is an emunand.

taffyponty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
disc 0 is your computer drive so leave that alone, you need to figure out which letter drive is the SD card when you connect it to your computer, what you can try like minitool parititon wizard and see if there are unallocated space, if there are unallocated space it would mean there is an emunand.
I don't think any are the sd card? the smallest capacity is 260 gb..
the card is 128 and a partition would be a percentage of that..

don't i also have to copy files from the switch internal memory to the sd card?

i've done everything else, like got the switch keys and things , so can't figure out why I can't prepare my own sd card from scratch..
i bought this ready hacked switch from somebody else, so I have no clue what the previous owner did.
but i'm not new to this sort of thing, i set up homebrew on the wii u too.

also i put the sigpatches on my sd card.. I have atomosphere on there and can inject hekate, but no roms will run .

so yeah creating my own sd card or just transferring the data from my existing working card seems not to work.

Last edited by taffyponty,

taffyponty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
128GB card actual size is about 117GB so if you plug it in and it doesn't show 117GB total it mean it has a hidden emunand.
physically plugging in the sd card into the pc and not using an adapter does show unallocated space.. so what does this mean in terms of transferring to a new sd card or setting up a new one from scratch?

unallocated is only 16 mb
theres a switch drive (89gb)
also an E drive 29.16gb which is designated to to the same drive as where the switch is plugged in.. also the space on that one is fully used up.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
physically plugging in the sd card into the pc and not using an adapter does show unallocated space.. so what does this mean in terms of transferring to a new sd card or setting up a new one from scratch?

unallocated is only 16 mb
theres a switch drive (89gb)
also an E drive 29.16gb which is designated to to the same drive as where the switch is plugged in.. also the space on that one is fully used up.

That mean you have a hidden partition emunand, you need to use emutool to move it to another card.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/emutool...r-sd-switch-emu-type-on-sxos-and-more.550756/

taffyponty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Last edited by taffyponty,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...