Hacking can i run Nintendo DS Browser with only CycloDS Evo?

xanth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure you need the Slot-2 expansion pack. It's the extra RAM memory that's absolutely needed to run the application, so I don't think there's any way around it. I would suspect it's sort of the same reason as why the cyclo can't emulate GBA games without the 3-in-1.

That said, I do have it (I bought the browser, but it's easier just to have the rom on my cyclo so I don't have to carry multiple games around). You're really not missing much, as the software and loading times for pages are usually abysmally slow.

dmonkey21

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
xanth said:
I'm pretty sure you need the Slot-2 expansion pack. It's the extra RAM memory that's absolutely needed to run the application, so I don't think there's any way around it. I would suspect it's sort of the same reason as why the cyclo can't emulate GBA games without the 3-in-1.
Because it's not emulating. Even if you get the retail legal version of the DS Browser, it needs a RAM expansion to be put into the 2nd slot. GBA games cannot be run from Slot-1, so they need to be written to memory in slot2.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1