Hacking Can I read .txt file while in-game?

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
While I don't really like one word answers, there really isn't any other words to answer the question xD.
Anyways, there is absolutely nothing and you shouldn't hope for the AKAIO team to add it because those sort of things were purposefully dropped since some far off older revision (not only troublesome to do, but those sorts of things are always buggy and I think the AKAIO team didn't want to open up that sort of trouble).

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If you want to view txt/ image guides while playing a game, you'll need to get a DSTWO. It's not something the Acekard does, and it not likely it ever will.

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This will be implemented into AKAIO when its loader system can bypass every bit of AP Nintendo can come up with, the devs will have to be bored, waiting for the Nintendo 3DS to be hacked, & have to be a bit tipsy if you know what I mean. Basically, never.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hakoda said:
This will be implemented into AKAIO when its loader system can bypass every bit of AP Nintendo can come up with, the devs will have to be bored, waiting for the Nintendo 3DS to be hacked, & have to be a bit tipsy if you know what I mean. Basically, never.
I don't see it being much harder than Real Time Save to implement (the only obvious restriction I can see is it not being able to load txt files larger than a few KB since it'd have to use the DS' limited RAM for both the game + text) and RTS had already been in a test version of AKAIO, so the base code (in some form) has already been written.
But from what I'm to understand, the AKAIO team isn't going to add or support any additional features it until the AceKard team does.

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
twiztidsinz said:
Hakoda said:
I don't see it being much harder than Real Time Save to implement, and RTS had already been in a test version of AKAIO, so the base code (in some form) has already been written.
But from what I'm to understand, the AKAIO team isn't going to add or support any additional features it until the AceKard team does.
They had an RTS beta? I didn't know that. Was this recently cuz I was gone for a week doing stuff so I'm a bit late.

Well they've added Homebrew Softreset with the Acekard team not doing so. But then again RTS compared to Homebrew Softreset in terms of coding would be a bigger headache.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hakoda said:
They had an RTS beta? I didn't know that. Was this recently cuz I was gone for a week doing stuff so I'm a bit late.

Well they've added Homebrew Softreset with the Acekard team not doing so. But then again RTS compared to Homebrew Softreset in terms of coding would be a bigger headache.
It was private beta, and it was a while ago, v1.2b7 by the image name:
http://gbatemp.net/news/akaio_1.2b7_rts.jpg

Apparently there was slow-motion in AKAIO too:
http://gbatemp.net/t230631-akaio-forums-ar...t&p=2881415

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
twiztidsinz said:
Hakoda said:

It was private beta, and it was a while ago, v1.2b7 by the image name:
http://gbatemp.net/news/akaio_1.2b7_rts.jpg

Apparently there was slow-motion in AKAIO too:
http://gbatemp.net/t230631-akaio-forums-ar...t&p=2881415
Wow what d' ya know. That's pretty cool.

Masked Ranger

Trophies
XP
Country
I seem to remember someone (Normatts?) saying to go bug AceKard about RTS and/or in-game guides. Something along the lines "They get paid for doing it."

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Masked Ranger said:
I seem to remember someone (Normatts?) saying to go bug AceKard about RTS and/or in-game guides. Something along the lines "They get paid for doing it."
Normmatt is one of the developers of AKAIO. Of course he says go bug Acekard; they do get paid for it. He's not going to add anything major unless they pay him or something cuz he develops AKAIO for free.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Hello