Can i patch ESR on a already burnt DVD?

Erencikefe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello this kinda seem like a weird question but i used to have a modchipped Slim PS2. I burned many DVDs without ESR and my Slim broke. Today i bought a new Fat PS2 but it seems it isn't modchipped, and i have many burned PS2 games. Do i really need to do all of those esr things from the start or can i just esr patch a dvd that has already burnt. I don't know anything about esr and stuff so i hope someone can help me.

Erencikefe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm using Maxwell DVD's, sometimes Verbatim, sometimes cheap ones. I'm asking that can i patch a DVD that is already burnt without any patches? Just like i said i don't want to everything from the start i have many unpatched burned DVD's and i don't wanna waste'em.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
You *can* add another session to an already burnt CD/DVD and modify/add contents (it doesn't actually change the contents on the disc, it just overrides what is already there, every change takes up more space) but only if the disc is not finalized IIRC. When you burn a disc the old fashioned way by adding files to it, finalizing the disc is an optional step. I dunno if burning an ISO automatically finalizes the disc but it's likely. I think unfinalized discs are not supported by every drive.

DarthMotzkus

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
No, you can't. Have to burn all again. And if you own an unmodded ps2 and you want to patch with the new ESR Release, wich patch via FreeDVDBoot new exploit, you need to own compatible ps2, with the compatible dvd drive firmware, the current ones with the latest patcher only ps2 slim models. Some ps2 fat firmwares are now compatible but it doesn't come with the pacther, you need to add them manually; To discover wich one is your dvd drive firmware, press Triangule in the Main Ps2 Screen (the one with Browser section). So, there's so much more to you learn about these before start patching and losing burned discs. Search a bit about ESR FDVDBoot Patcher.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.acepcs.com/products/wizbox-g-mini-pc-amd-r7-7735hs lol wizbox +1